How To Convert Your Tethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak To Untethered Jailbreak Using Corona Untether

Options

Comments

• John Jonathan Leong
    via Wordpress
    Options
    yessssssssssss Untethered JB now.. Thanks guy for the hard work.It's easy as ABC..
  • Imran Yousuf
    Imran Yousuf Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am new to this site & am new to Jailbreak but am intermediate user.I am having tethered iPhone4 with ios 4.2.1, Please let me know in order to upgrade to untethered IOS 5.0.1 what all i have to do.As mentioned in above posts Corona ios 5.01 will convert a tethered into untethered but Corona IOS only works on IOS 5.0.1 as far as i think, but I am having tethered IOS 4.2.1, So how should i upgrade to untethered IOS 5.0.1. Please help me out, I am desperate to upgrade my Iphone to 5 OS. Please Help me out
  • syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does this work for iOS 5.0?
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    works!!!! now to wait for the 4s untether.... thanks all the people involved
  • Shawn
    Shawn Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Options
    everything seems to be ok. except for my safari and ibooks. and for all users that cant find it. you have to wait for cydia to download new packages. if you havent let it load in a long time it may take awhile. it took me 15 mins to download releases and packages. so be paient its worth it. just wish they would fix the issue with safari and ibooksipod touch 3G 32g ios 5.0.1 using corona.
  • Shawn
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if your still on ios 4.2.1 do an offical upgrade though itunes to ios 5.0.1 and use the Redsn0w 0.9.10b1. watch the video for instructions. and fyi if your ios 4.2.1 u can use greenpois0n to get an untethered. but ios 5.0.1 is the way to go
  • Shawn
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i dont belive so. it has to be ios 5.0.1
  • Nitin
    Nitin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    not working on my iphone 3gs :(....... (ios 5.0.1)it gets stuck on apple logo after rebooting...
  • ugh
    ugh Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Simply wait for Cydia to complete loading. Then search and you will magically see it.
  • Aer1115
    Aer1115 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did i have to uninstall semi tether to install corona untethered ???
  • Mugag
    Mugag Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It works, but !Sometimes i have to reboot like 3 times to boot untethered! is there a fix for that ??
  • raham
    raham Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    works for me... but iBooks not work..
  • Priscilla G
    Priscilla G Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, so im looking forward to update my iphone 4, which has a 4.3.3 version and a baseband 04.10.01 which I unlock using a gevey sim, my question is will this jailbreak work for me if I preserve baseband?in other words gevey sim would still work after upgrading (preserving baseband) and jailbreaking???has somebody with gevey sim tried this?thank you:)
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I try and load Corona 5.1 it says that it Cannot Comply, I am using Redsn0w, and also many of my apps in Cydia aren't working. Saying it needs to wait for a reply from the vendor. Do I need to reboot through Redsn0w multiple times before this is going to work for me?
  • Roi
    Roi Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does this work for iphone 4 - 4.3.5 as well ?
  • khafLe
    khafLe Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hmmm.. problem i get is..couldn't locate greenp0ison.blah blah blah.. ive got a 3GS with iOS 5.0.1 and a iPad BB of 6.15and its a tethered jailbreak.. helppp mee!!
  • khafLe
    khafLe Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    for me.. i have it on my cydia but got some problemit says "couldn't find greenp0ison.blah blah blah blah"im running on 5.0.1 iphone 3gs BB 6.15.00Help!
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Options
    this in anyway does not update baseband, does it?
  • Amir
    Amir Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hi guys i have a problem wz my iphone 4 imported from usa wz at&t but it`s now locked nad i downloaded firmware 4.3.4.and 4.3.5 with redsn0w 9.8 and 9.9 and 9.10 but nothing is working wz me to unlock my phone. any ideas ?????
  • VulGerrity
    VulGerrity Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It worked great for me, however, a number of my apps (non jailbreak apps) have been crashing. Specifically safari has been crashing, i can't even google anything, my chase mobile banking app crashes when i try to go to deposits. and the game scribblenauts crashes when i click on the pencil to design an object.any thoughts?
  • DreDre
    DreDre Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i had semi tethered on ios 5.0 jailbroken, how to remove semi tethered completely? when i open cydia - manage i didn't see semitethered in there. i upgraded from 5.0 to 5.0.1 from my iphone4 (setting-general-update) and then i installed corona but it won't work then i re jailbreak again and again with the latest redsnow but still my phone stuck on tethered jailbreak. I just dont want to lose all my apps if i restore on itunes. please help.
  • David Nader
    David Nader Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hey guys, I previously installed tethered 5.0.1 0n my iPhone 4, I followed your instructions above bu installing corona 5.0.1 untether from cydia,, I rebooted as instructed, it worked once, I tryed to reboot my iPhone again, it froze on the apple logo as it usually does tethered. I think I need to use redsnow again to boot my iphone unless you guys have another idea.
  • darknight
    darknight Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey guys i have done the corona untether install on my iphone 4 (geveysim) 5.0.1jailbreak but after the corona installed and auto reboot my phone, it just never got off the apple logo, then i did a system reboot (power and home button reboot) and it just doesnt turn on anymore. any ideas about what to do? my iphone wont do a restore on itunes either and i cant use ibooty anymore cuz i dont have the option to select my device in the bottom right corner of ibooty.....need help please reply soon...thanks
  • hannan ali
    hannan ali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Cydia tells that the cydia is not supportabe with your iphone 4 ios 5 .version5.0.1. Pls help me guys
  • Fouad
    Fouad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Works perfect on my iPhone 4 IOS 5.0.1 Excellent piece of work ..Very easy and very quick :)
  • jeffrey
    jeffrey Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have ios 5.0.1 ispw in my iphone 4 threw redsn0w the teathered jailbrak and I went to down load the Corona 5.0.1 untether but after i click install it says NOTE: teh request modifications cannont be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannont be automatically found or fixed" and it wont let me confirm to download, what are you suggestions to get this to work? I trued re jailbreaking it and tried all the firmware from getios.com with no luckThanks
  • T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hey... I mistakenly upgraded my iphone 4 to 5.1 then i learned i can't install a jailbreak to it, so i downgrade it to 5.0.1 using ifaith and installed the tethered jailbreak using redsnow and it worked fine. two hours later my screen went black so i started rebooting it but it didn't work and i tried pressing the sleep+home buttons but nothing happened.....what shall i do? please help
  • Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can this work for version 5.1 ??
  • william salazar
    william salazar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can this work for ipod 5.1?
  • keysibiiie
    keysibiiie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can someone help me how to install it now from cydia? It keeps saying this,"NOTE: The request modification cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."PLEASE HELP! thanks