Trick to Get Verizon Unlimited Data Plan For Your iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTrick to Get Verizon Unlimited Data Plan For Your iPhone

Verizon followed AT&T's footsteps and killed their unlimited data plans for their smartphone (including iPhone) customers on July 7th, 2011.

But looks like some Verizon customers have figured out a way to trick the system to get the unlimited data plan. Surprisingly, it seems to also work for customers who purchased the iPhone after Verizon had stopped offering the unlimited data plans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kaitherine
    kaitherine Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wow!!! very good plan thanks for post. please visit this link www.appstudioz.com for iphone, ipad and android application development.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    I might have to try this
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Wow, what a trick!
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    My question is, do they charge you for the mobile hotspot if you only have it for a few days/hours. I had a Verizon rep tell me once that if I only had a data plan on my phone for a few days, I wouldn't get charged the full $30, just what ever fraction of days I had it. I wonder if the same thing applies here.
  • Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
    Hurry as supplies last!!!!!
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
  • Crow
    Crow Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Well this isn't going to last much longer now. Do it before it gets fixed.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    These unlimited plans are almost useless now. They start throttling your speed so slow, it's not worth using. I was at an AT&T store last week and a csr told me that while at&t doesn't officially tell you, they throttle everyone after 2gb with or without unlimited. He said he had noticed it by researching customers usage and then asked an AT&T rep. The rep said "well, we don't tell anyone, but yes we throttle down to Edge and lower after the 2gb mark on everyone". This is why I'm not worried about having 4g. I'll just get to my limit faster!
  • Followed the direction
    via Wordpress
    Ok so I followed the direction, I said add a feature then the computer said "feature" then my call was being transferred to a live rep. Then I told him I would like to add a 2gb $20 mobile hotspot for 3g(iphone) and he added to my account pretty much instantly. I said thank you and hung up. Now, how do I verify that I have an unlimited data? My account still says 2gb limit and I just now see a mobile hotspot being activated. Did I screw up somewhere?
  • Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    This works make sure to read StoptheCap link above for help.2 sections Q&A and Ordering advice is helpfulEspecially if you purchased a 4G phone after 7/7 (which I did) checked online went from 4gb to unlimited data woohoo!
  • e
    e Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    This worked for me. had to go through 3 reps. but the first 2 we guys and told me that it wasn't offered unlimited data. the 3rd was a chick who added unlimited mobile hotspot and told me becuase the hotspot was unlimited it would change my data to unlimited.
  • pwnt0nic
    pwnt0nic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I had my buddy on verizon try this, and he actually got in touch with a live rep who went ahead and added the hotspot and much to her surprise, the unlimited data went on automatically. Even if they do throttle back after so many gb, its nice that he no longer has to monitor his usage. He definitely plans to wait at least 2 days before cancelling the hotspot feature, and usually that price is prorated for the number of days active on the plan so he's not too worried.
  • SWEET
    SWEET Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Got it to work. Hurry people!!
  • Ok
    Ok Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Ok got it to work now. My account was just took some time. I see it unlimited now.
  • SK
    SK Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    This is BS. The rep, like most reps at these stores, had no clue what he was talking about.
  • mhmm
    mhmm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    NICE! Worked like a charm. I had to call twice and ask them to look up the feature code number but completely worth the trouble. EXCITED! Now I just gotta cross my fingers and hope they don't change me back after they realize what's going on.
  • Ninnie
    Ninnie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ooops too late. Just tried it and the rep said they know about it "being all over the web" and they will be switching back everyone who took the hot spot feature off.
  • Jones
    Jones Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I have the unlimited plan on my personal phone and yes I can confirm that verizon throttles the speed and quality of the data. For instance, if I hit the 2gb mark, all images that I view on my device are then compressed and has lower quality. Although, I don't notice any difference when I watch videos such as online TV shows.
  • Yeah
    Yeah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Thats why people should wait about a month or so before dropping the hotspot feature. Stay low, away from their radar then drop the feature.
  • CTREV08
    CTREV08 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    I got throttled last month and was averaging speeds of about 0.016-0.1 on a good day its nice to know that i pay 200+ a month for my family plan on unlimited to have a very nice paper waight. I canceled my ISP once i got a 4g phone. And last month 4 out of the 5 phones on my plan got throttled. They would of got the last one except it has no data. I can't wait to drop at&t. And to top it off i get over billed every month and there is no way to figure it out they have so many hidden fees and shiit that i h
  • stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    no they won't. in fact, i removed the hotspot feature from my plan simply because i didn't need it and the website gave me the option to make it retro active to the last month, so i pretty much didn't pay for a month's worth of it.
  • Dian
    Dian Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I tried it twice today. They are no longer offering it. It is now bundled for $50 with a 4GB limit.
  • mark ramirez
    mark ramirez Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Well if any you guys are interested I work for a private dealer for verizon in los angeles that can still offer unlimited data for existing and new customers since we been work for them for 22 years. If you like more details call me at 310-569-0728 or email me at markiemark14@gmail.com. if you leave around the los angeles area then I can send you our store address to come check it out. We are a private company once again not a little verizon store.
  • mark ramirez
    via Wordpress
    Well if any you guys are interested I work for a private dealer for verizon in los angeles that can still offer unlimited data for existing and new customers since we been work for them for 22 years. If you like more details call me at 310-569-0728 or email me at markiemark14@gmail.com. if you leave around the los angeles area then I can send you our store address to come check it out.
  • mark ramirez
    via Wordpress
    Well if any you guys are interested I work for a private dealer for verizon in los angeles that can still offer unlimited data for existing and new customers since we been work for them for 22 years. If you like more details call me at 310-569-0728. if you live around the los angeles area then I can send you our store address to come check it out.
  • c
    c Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    I just did this on 2-2-2012 and it worked the first try. I have unlimited hotspot and unlimited data on my thunderbolt. 4G LTE . It is still working if you get the right rep. and dont remove the hotspot feature right away ! keep it a while.
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    Doesn't work, talked to two reps, they wont add the plan
  • Cam
    Cam Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I just tried it. It worked for me. I have iPhone 4s with unlimited data now
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I just did it, iphone 4s with unlimited data