Developer Clears Misconceptions About iOS Multitasking

2»

Comments

• jc84
    jc84 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    the real solution: 1gb ram, then we would not have as many memoery issues. 2gb and we would not care about memory issues .
  • bafare
    bafare Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    It all depends on how you tell the apps to behave. If you set apps to push notifications and location services they will run on background. Still I always use sbsettings to close all apps in background, and my phone always runs smooth.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Seconded. Yet according to this guy "some" apps run in background mode meaning: the app is no longer on-screen but is still executing code. "some" here meaning "almost all"
  • iBoneless
    iBoneless Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just ran into this article cause i ahve nothing to do today and this is completly wrong! I user came to me the other stating they were no longer getting emails on their iPad and landscape rotation was not working. I asked them if they reset their device and they said yes, after looking at their device they had just about every single app available listed on the multitasking bar, upon closing every single one out which took a while evenafter a 3 to 4 fingers salute, emails and rotation wroked again. So yeah this article... BOGUS wrong info dont believe what you read.
  • SJcloutier
    SJcloutier Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'll apologize up front if this has been written already. However, the assertion that memory is released once the home button is pressed may or may not be accurate. I consistently need to close apps from the multitasking bar in order for some of my apps to run correctly. Such as TuneIn Radio, there are times when it will not buffer the feed until some of the apps are closed and the app is reloaded. This happens with some games also. Maybe you can tell me if this is happening because in many instances I don't use the home button to switch applications. Either way, I do have to manage background apps. At least that's my experience.
  • Evan
    Evan Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    this is what he posted: Background - the app is no longer on-screen but is still executing code Suspended - the app is still resident in memory but is not executing codThe above indicates exactly what you said - that background and suspended apps still use memory. The issue being addressed is battery life, and memory does not use battery (well dram always uses battery but it uses pretty much the same whether the memory is being "used" or not).