Rumor: iPad 3 Won't Feature an All-New Design; But Will Come With Retina Display, HD Front Camera, 8

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRumor: iPad 3 Won't Feature an All-New Design; But Will Come With Retina Display, HD Front Camera, 8-MP Rear Camera & More

iPad 3 rumor mill is working overtime with less than 3 months to go before Apple unveils their third generation iPad.

iLounge reports that according to their sources, Apple will upgrade the front and back facing camera in iPad 3. They also claim that iPad 3 will be slightly thicker than iPad 2 (approximately 1 mm thicker) to support Retina Display and may not be radically redesigned as some rumors have suggested.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CRamos
    CRamos Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Sincerily i will not be happy if apple relase ipad3. because i buy ipad 2 less than a year. and don´t want to see my ipad2 obsolete. so i think it is a smart move this year to launch an ipad2s and later in 2013 launch ipad 3 redesigned. makes a lot more sense to me.i´m an iphone 3gs user and waiting for iphone 5 to upgrade. and i will not upgrade ipad this year. so better apple relase iphone 5 than ipad 3. :P
  • Souskei
    Souskei Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Hmmm I just got an ipad 2 64gb for Xmas and now Im thinking of selling It for an iPad 3 .... What do u guys think I can get for it?
  • Aleee
    Aleee Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Cramos..u wont see your ipad2 absolete, since even iphone4 isnt in that position. I just dont get it..all they do is ipgrade the camera lol just like thats important, dont really want a VGA but lets be honest..taking pics with an ipad is:1. Dumb looking2. Only usefull in unusual situations ..lets say you dont have a camera with you or your phone bat. is dead..
  • El Hache
    El Hache Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Why do people want every apple product to be redesigned every year? What's wrong with the design of current iPad? I believe that this is going to be the design for a while. Apple doesn't redesign their MacBooks every year. They just upgrade the internals. When was the last time apple redesigned the MacBook pro? This is it guys. This is going to be what the iPad looks like. At least for a while.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Upgrading the cameras, faster A6 processor, and retina display.Its the same argument people had with iPhone 4 to 4s. They only focus on one thing and based their opinions on that. I can't figure out that mentality.I too bought my ipad2 less than 1 year ago, but welcome these changes. I use the camera on my existing iPad 2 as a scanner to copy textbook pages, or forms. A higher definition camera would greatly increase OCR capabilities. As for FaceTime, an upgrade to that camera is a must, as it is horribly grainy on the current iPad.A faster CPU. While the A5 is more than adequate, who wouldn't want more.....And most importantly.... the biggest upgrade, Retina display. I have all my textbooks on my iPAd. And trust me while thy are perfectly readable, they look much better on my iPhones retina display. Having the increased resolution on the iPad well be a welcome addition, as I can imagine eye strain will be significantly decreased. Not to mention, watching a movie or playing a game will look a lot better as well.So, look at all the features before knocking any one feature and basing a review on just that. Siri is so so for an iPhone 4s upgrade, but, myself, I love the increased performance of the chipset, and the HD camera. Siri .. She's cool, great for texting over bluetooth when on the highway, but, not the main feature people focused on.As for this article focusing on a design change.... Why? There is nothing wrong with the form factor of the current iPad. Why would we want some other form? I can in this case understand why some people wanted to see a form change in the iPhone 4s, hoping for a larger screen, but, the iPad design is perfect. Obviously the competition agrees, as no one is making any ajar changes to the design. USB access, SD card readers, all that would be nice and easily incorporated in the current design, but we know apple won't be going that route any time soon.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    +1There is nothing wrong with the current form factor.
  • Joshuave
    Joshuave Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It would need to have quad-core processor to compete with asus transformer prime and the inevitably soon to follow quad-core based tablets. I'd hope for at least this inclusion
  • Curtis Johnson
    Curtis Johnson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Sure why do we need anything redesigned or developed upon??????????? We should all still be using the 1st gen iPhone.............................Please go where innovation is not wanted!!!!!!!!!
  • el
    el Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    who cares!! **** it !!
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Remember when quad core was so huge in PCs and never took off. Everyone had to have quad core, problem was no one programed for quad core. So they became useless and ultimately lead to poor sales, and finally exclusion in high end systems. Right now, the iPad 2 clocks better than any other tablet on the market. Not so much because of the dual-core chip itself, but because of the infrastructure supporting it. Specifically Bus speeds, and how many pipes you got going to those processors. Apparently Apple is doing better at interfacing with the CPU than others. If asus needs quad core to make up for poorer performance of the motherboard and software, so be it. But unless android programers choose to program separately for quad core, the extra cores will be rendered inert.Myself, I would be happier seeing some DDR3 memory OCed than more cores in the iPad 3. On that note I would take 512 MB of DDR3 over 1 GB of DDR 2. Its amazing what effect memory speeds have on performance.
  • moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    I think it is going to be called iPad 2S in this case, not iPad 3, because every major change of design comes with a higher model number, otherwise if there is no physical-look upgrade then it is going to be an S (for Speed).
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Why do people always complain about needing a redesign every year? That is stupid. The iPad 2 design is fantastic, just put more RAM in and upgrade the cameras and add the Siri beta. They can use the same form factor or slight thicker similar form and implement a RetinaDisplay without having to completely change the design.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Innovation for the sake of innovation doesn't lead anywhere. I thought we all knew that.