TinyUmbrella 5.10.05 Released to Fix Crashing Issue Affecting Windows Users

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTinyUmbrella 5.10.05 Released to Fix Crashing Issue Affecting Windows Users

notcom a.k.a semaphore – iOS hacker and developer of TinyUmbrella has released an new version (5.10.05) to fix the bug that caused the Windows version of TinyUmbrella to crash at startup.

TinyUmbrella allows you to take backups of SHSH blobs (ECID SHSH) to let you downgrade to older iOS versions.

He has provided the following information on his blog:

Read the full story here

Comments

• axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    Without AP ticket, shsh blob on 5.0.1 seems meaningless. I wonder if hackers found a way to replay saved AP tickets :/
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    The step by step guide form 2010 needs updated. It talks about editing your host file. Doesn't tiny umbrella do this for you now?
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Well, back on another discussion we were talking about restoring iPad2s to 4.3.3 after upgrading to 5.0.1I can confirm tonight after a little trouble with "error 20" and the host file, that I was able to do a factory restore to 5.0.1 then use tinyumbrella to back it down to 4.3.3. Jailbreakme.com worked like a charm after that. Mind you, I did have my shah files saved locally.Now mine is a wifi only version, so it is much easier. But if you have a 3g google this file: iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.bbupdate.ipswand then use that for the restore following the directions on downgrading 5.0 to 4.3.3