Microsoft Exec Admits Windows Phone 7 Was a Reaction to The iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMicrosoft Exec Admits Windows Phone 7 Was a Reaction to The iPhone

In a rather candid chat with The New York Times, Joe Belfiore, an engineer on the Windows Phone team, admitted that the platform was indeed a response to the iPhone.

In his own words:

"Apple created a sea change in the industry in terms of the kinds of things they did that were unique and highly appealing to consumers. We wanted to respond with something that would be competitive, but not the same."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nidal
    Nidal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Got to admit...The best response to IOs ever and I do really wish it success...innovative and has opportunity
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    if i was to choose my second OS after iOS i will choose windows phone OSnot because i like Microsoft but because i tried android and it sucks so............badi used it for 1 month and couldn't tolerate it morei do not know how people like android!!!!!!!not to mention that there apps on android market when u try them u feel like the developer has nothing to do with software but more of a car mechanic
  • right
    right Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    And what's wrong with this? I think it's quite reasonable of Microsoft.People downplay MS forgetting they STILL are the biggest game in town, STILL own most of the world's computers, now control a great portion of the gaming market and ... get ready to swallow a bitter pill... IE is still by far the most popular browser in the world.I'm not a MS supporter by any means, but it amazes me how often they're dismissed, when in fact, they are STILL the industry leader by far
  • BigBawz
    BigBawz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Who said there was anything wrong with it?
  • teamiPHone
    teamiPHone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i agree whole heartedly with Nidal and Sam. The Windows OS is much cleaner and simpler than the cluttered and buggy android. It has a very simple intuitive feel. MS played it well with it by creating a simple and elegant design. I just recently had the chance of switching phones and really wanted the iPhone, but I also wanted a really good plan and T-Mobile seemed like the one with the best price and they have really fast internet. But, all they had was Android and Windows 7 phones. I looked and the Android phones and was going to go with the Windows phone because it was much easier to use and I even if it did not have a lot of apps i knew it still would not have apps as shitty as the ones on Android Market. In the end I got Android and once I was in my car I felt the regret, (Ive had an android before (not by choice) and hated it). I returned it the following day and went to Sprint for the 4S. If i wouldn't have switched to sprint, the Windows Phone would definitely be mine right now.
  • Jbroke
    Jbroke Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    @Sam My sentiments exactly
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Now isint that obvious, even Android was a reaction to iPhone.
  • Chad
    Chad Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    Sort of off tppic but... Has anyone ever thought that AT&T and other carriers detect unauthorized Internet tethering through the use of Carrier IQ that was recently discovered running on many smartphones including iPhones????!!!!
  • @iTaos
    @iTaos Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I feel the same way!! But I could only handle Android for 2 weeks!
  • CTREV08
    CTREV08 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    Was iphone not a response to blackberry. Which included features like a pocket pc in response the first windows smart phones which borrowed most of the core of windows ce/ppc. Which was a response to palm pilot. Which was an attempt to try to make a Windows pc and fit it in your Palm. Ect ect ect. People need to stop thinking that we were all just cavemen using Bearskin and stone knives until the apple iphone was "invented".
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    I recent the caveman remark! It wasn't until Seri that I was able to walk upright. I wasn't able to read and Seri made it possible for me contact a chiropractor and resolve this live long condition that's plagued me for so many years. The iphone made everything possible.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Competitions is always good thing. Especially in Apples expensive iecosystem. lol
  • conspiracy theorist
    via Wordpress
    android is just a cheap ios ripoff...however i have seen windows OS and it is crisp..it has nothing to do with iOS which is why it feels and looks so fresh....i really do wish it crushes android and just makes android users wake up about what a real phone should feel and look like...what makes android even worse is its manufacturers...the blatantly just COPY...think about it...the biggest Achilles heel to the android is not software...but the fact that each manufacturer has their own ideas about which shop or market their users should be directed to ...i hope android is just a phase people are going through...iOS or Windows phone...
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    No the iPhone wasn't the first smartphone but it Was the first successful smartphone that average joe wasn't confused and scared of.They didn't invent the wheel they reinvented the wheel everyone wanted
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    It has more to do with APNs I guess.
  • Cali boy
    Cali boy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I like windows phone, I think the Window OS works like a charm.