Netflix Now Available in UK And Ireland

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNetflix Now Available in UK And Ireland

Netflix has officially launched its streaming movie service in UK and Ireland. Along with the launch, Netflix has also released its app for iPhone and iPad in the App Store. Netflix is also accessible on the second generation Apple TV.

Here's a snippet from their press release:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Whyt Lindow
    Whyt Lindow Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I've had netflix since November in the UK, the service isn't up to what it could be. Plus the UK version is very cut down in comparison to the US one.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    @Lindowwhats bad is the US one is having issues as well. There are times when streaming content becomes horrible and virtually unusable. One night I set up a movie using apple tv for my grandfather, and the movie stopped and buffered about 20 times. Switched to a movie streaming from iTunes and it played flawless throughout the transmission. Not the first time, and I am sure not the last time I'll see this. Also seen horrid breakdown when streaming to the computer or iPad. Its intermittent, but very annoying.
  • Skippywilcox
    Skippywilcox Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Here in Calgary Canada. It's gotten better. But still. Not what I'd like to see. But we have found ways to watch us netflixs.
  • Whyt Lindow
    Whyt Lindow Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    @ParadoxI haven't found too many issues with the UK one performance wise, although the quality drops can be quite annoying, especially when you're in the same room as your router. Can't stand the time it takes for a movie to authorise either, Especially on the web player...
  • laurie
    laurie Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Got my membership a few days ago now, and i must say i absolutely love it.i am streaming through my apple tv2 and it works flawlessly. having a wii and xbox in other rooms means i can access it from all over the house and they all stream at the same time. will deffo keep the subscription after trial