T-Mobile USA CTO Reveals Next iPhone Chipset Will Support Carrier's 3G Network

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageT-Mobile USA CTO Reveals Next iPhone Chipset Will Support Carrier's 3G Network

Currently T-Mobile USA is the only major carrier in the U.S that does not offer Apple's iPhone on its network.

Until now T-Mobile has always maintained that the ball is in Apple's court. However, in an interview with AllThingsD's Ina Fried, T-Mobile USA's CEO Philipp Humm revealed that it has not managed to get iPhone due to its unique band technology. AllThingsD reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Cant wait for tmobile to carry the iphone. The unlocking to use on its network has been a hassle for me the last few years.
  • Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    I hope tmobile finally gets the iPhone. I have a family plan and I would only be paying $35 a month to use an iPhone. F*ck Verizon, AT&T, sprint with the overpriced plans it is ridiculous.
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    I use to be a T Mobile USA customer, but I got tired of wishing and hoping that T Mobile will carry the iPhone. I switched to Sprint when the iPhone 4S was released and never looked back.
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    I honestly have no problem with using my iPhone 4s on tmobile. I bought the unlocked version of it and has been very satisfying with it. I mean unless you stream YouTube or anything of such which require speed on the go, running it on edge is fine for emails and web browsing.
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Yes I agree while 3G would be great for making a call and using data at the same time, I have no problems otherwise with edge!
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    I just recently got an iPhone 3GS unlocked for tmobile but idk if I would stay in tmobile. The reception where I live is pretty bad and idk if i'd stay in with tmobile regardless of the 3G possibilities
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Yes, in my opinion this is one of the things Tmo needs to have to be able to compete with the big 3 carriers. I've been a Tmo customer for 10 years now and have used every iPhone and currently using a factory unlocked 4s on EDGE. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this news
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    I've also been an extremely satisfied tmo customer for the last 10 years. I think (and hope) that once (if) tmo gets iphone the company will flourish, as it should. I think people will (and should) consider the value and switch. I know one of the big arguments is reception, but If anything (from my experience) I've had less issues than other people on the big 3. I believe reception (for the most part) is an exaggerated misconception that the other networks propagate & capitalize on.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Talking about T-Mobile Edge network, for the past two weeks, my Iphone on T-Mobile has been running 3G in my area, including when I'm at home. The E changes to 3G as soon as I enter the vicinity of my area.
  • Jays_on
    via Wordpress
    Where do you live? I've heard some parts out west in the country are seeing 3G on iPhone with tmo.
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    My friend is living in cali and hes telling me that he's seeing 3g on his iphone. Poor me with edge still but its okay :)
  • philit
    philit Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    i love T Mobile and they take of there ppl
  • Jays_on
    via Wordpress
    I'm in Wichita Ks and never see 3g
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Well I know a lot of people on tMobile and they sign for another 2 years apple better hurry cuz I'm about to buy an android phone because theres no iPhone and I'm sticking with tmobile cuz 50$ unlimited is perfect goodbye at&t u cuz are to dam high price
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Jay et all,I live right outside Philadelphia, and the 3G looks like it's here to stay. Tonight, I got it everywhere in much wider areas, including my daughter's dance sch and in my gym ....used to be dead zones. I'm loving it!