KO Gadget Receives Cease And Desist Order For Glowing Apple Logo Mod For iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageKO Gadget Receives Cease And Desist Order For Glowing Apple Logo Mod For iPhone

KO Gadget, maker of the popular glowing Apple logo mod for the iPhone, have received a cease and desist from Apple for illegal use of Apple's trademarks.

According to their Facbook Fan page, they've a received the following cease and desist order from Apple:

The website, http://store.kogadget.com/, is offering for sale and selling merchandise bearing counterfeit Apple trademark(s). Such illegal use of Apple Trademark(s) is a violation of federal and State trademark laws.

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I'm still waiting to receive my mod that was mailed out last week. Can anyone who has the mod installed comment on how it effects battery performance or your lcd screen?
  • RONxBURGUNDY
    RONxBURGUNDY Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I haven't noticed any battery life performance issues. The mod only uses one LED light to illuminate the apple logo. Installation is kinda scary though. There's a LOT of small pieces that you feel like you're going to break when disconnecting. Mine has a small gap at the top of the phone that you can see the light glowing through. I might take it apart again and put something on the top to block the light leaking out.
  • KingRichard
    KingRichard Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Connecting the first cable into the connector are really pain.. It took me full two hours for installing it right.. Yes the gap on top are annoying.Did anyone having the LED turn on from time to time? also turn on during charging?
  • DoctorTim
    DoctorTim Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    I got a cease and desist letter today for eating an apple. This crap is going just a little too far.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    and you are a doctor, how can you eat an apple and keep yourself away?
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    I saw this ... then realized how goddamn stupid people are to pay money for such a thing for a cell phone. Hey wouldn't it be cool if the apple on my phone was glowing? No, no actually that would be pretty fucking stupid because it's a cellphone and you're not 6 years old.
  • For Pete's sake
    For Pete's sake Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have mine installed on my iPhone 4, glass is soooooo thin it's brittle. I have the same gap and a small press on it caused it to break the glass. They are however sending me a free replacement glass. The install for me wasn't "scary" as mentioned above. I found it quite simple but someone with no circuitry knowledge may find it a little intimidating at first but a good watch of the install video AND a read of the install material should do the trick. I did want to get into installing these for other people but once I seen the tenderness of the glass I would never install on others phones because you would be replacing them way too often. Overall, if your not a careless person, worth the $50.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    That was kinda stale if it was a joke fas.
  • Darnell
    Darnell Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Just make it a glowing pineapple or Steve Jobs face and be done with it.
  • stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    or a pear like disney channel
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    That is why I love my droid...apple is just big fat pain in the ass....
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    lol you love yours droid because of a reason like this....uggh you deserve a droid
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    Is it just me, or is there always a Droid fanboy spewing his/her two cents on stories about apple products. Why do they even care?
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Droid is not a company that makes products with their own OS. They are just a OS thats installed on multiple brand phones. Why do droid users constantly input on iphone specific sites? I'll tell you why...because like it or hate it iPhone is king. Its all everyone talks about whether they have one or not. They compare their device with it. Not with the other phone models. Just the iphone. WINNING!
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
  • ChinaMan
    ChinaMan Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Where's the 'LIKE' button when you need one? lol
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    I got mine last thursday the install was easy when following the picture instructions, but when i went to put the new cover on it. It did not slide all the way on so i put a little pressure on it and it broke into three peices. Biggest waste of money i ever spent except for the playstation move.
  • juan
    juan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Mine has been installed for a while now. I have seen no battery drop. Or degradation of the screen. It looks cool. And a lot of people want them. If it is truly a danger, let Apple prove it either by technical discussion or demonstration and if they can't then shut the hell up and let people do what they want. Money grubbing SOB's your God is gone. Don't be afraid of the people anymore.
  • Damien
    Damien Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    You love your droid that much you choose to come read an iphone hacks website, CLUE is in the title you droid.!
  • ibounce
    ibounce Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    What about the numerous cases that have a replica apple logo?
  • juan
    juan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, sorry. Installation seemed a little tricky. Watch the video. It is pretty cool though. I have been offered a grand for my phone.
  • Dan Bradley
    Dan Bradley Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Let me get this straight.You have been offered $1,000 for your cellphone? Someone said, "Yo bud, I will pay you $1,000 cash for your cellphone because the apple logo glows" ? Were they 13? Jesus Christ, if someone said they'd pay me $1,000 for my iphone I'd kiss em on the lips and hand that thing right over.I hope that you took it, because if not, ...well... you'd be dumber than a rock.
  • CRAZMEX
    CRAZMEX Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Have had mine installed for a few days now and have not seen any drop in batt. Only issue I had was the pentalobe driver in the kit was damaged an useless. Had to use a sharp flat tip screwdriver to remove back cover screws. Ordered replacement Phillips screw kit from ifixit.com that comes with pentalobe driver/screws. The light does come in randomly sometimes but it's reported that this is sign of data xfer. The install video link included in box also didn't work. Found vid on YouTube by another user.
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    I received my kit. Came with everything needed. The online details are a little sketchy for the install for the IPhone 4 gsm. I soldered my red wire in place, instead of the bs method described by ko gadget. Mod works great, even though the light comes on when switching cell towers and continuously on during charge. Looks awesome!
  • T
    T Posts: 71
    via Wordpress
    This product is now available in Australia! Check it out:www.authentec.com.au/iphone
  • Krutikesh
    Krutikesh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    @SeanU said u have soldered it to connecting point but where exactly have u soldered it coz the connecting point has two part left(camera side) right(volume button).my friend connected it on the left(camre side) n the light stayed on like forever did not went off even after 15min!!!help plzthankx in advance