Sn0wbreeze 2.9: Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G / 3G

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSn0wbreeze 2.9: Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G / 3G Released

iH8sn0w - developer of Sn0wbreeze - another popular jailbreaking tool has just released Sn0wbreeze 2.9, which now incorporates pod2g's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Sn0wbreeze is considered the unofficial PwnageTool for Windows. It allows users to create custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware file that is pre-jailbroken, which can be used to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 5.0.1.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Petter Poppet
    Petter Poppet Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It would be much better to have ONE name for jailbreaking. HiSnow Snowbreeze Redsnow etc, can be all confusing. Thou big respect to ALL involved in the jailbreaking scene.
  • PT
    PT Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I first saw this post I LIT UP thinking it was for 15 devices. Needless to say I was disappointed once I read the entire post
  • Alvin
    Alvin Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options
    For a split second, I thought I saw jailbreak for iphone4s. Lol. Gd work anyway :)
  • KELi
    KELi Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    seems like ih8snow.com is having some heavy network traffic...communication error from their site.
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Options
    "It would be much better to have ONE name for jailbreaking."Yes, it would be more practical , especially for the newcomers to the scene imo.
  • silverwin
    silverwin Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im little confuse here, the title says Untethered but the entire article says it Tethered. anyone can clarify this?
  • TPRG_Drop
    TPRG_Drop Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The update made the jailbreak untethered, while it use to be tethered.
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Options
    "Until now, Sn0wbreeze only supported a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1." That was directly from the article above. ;)
  • Kenya
    Kenya Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    redsnow or snowbreeze, which one is better? any difference?
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    is there an unlock with snowbreeze
  • manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is iBooks fix included?
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Kudos to iH8sn0w as always for this awesome release! It works like a charm. Though, I've not really tested the Apps, I think I'm hopeful it will be better than redsn0w JB. I use MyWi a lot and redsn0w has been a pain in the ass for me. The WiFi doesn't work at all with redsn0w JB. I have to admit without pod2g's hard, there wouldn't be sn0wbreez 2.9. MyWi worked very well with the iOS 5.0.1 tether JB by sn0wbreez before and I hope it also be the same result with this awesome untether JB. The hacktivation with sn0wbreez is always a very useful feature. Thanks guys!
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If you have an old baseband, you can use sn0wbreez to preserve the baseband and unlock. In other words, if your present iOS is unlocked, you can use sn0wbreez to preserve the baseband and unlock with ultrasn0w after JB. In addition, you can also use the iPad baseband feature included in sn0wbreez 2.9 to jailbreak your iPhone with new baseband and use ultrasn0w as mentioned above to unlock your phone. Beware... you can loose your GPS and secondly there's no downgrade for iPad baseband. That means your GPS will be gone forever. The choice and risk is yours ;-)
  • meng
    meng Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The chinese character is still a probelm it would freeze when changing to chinese keyboard
  • Casey
    Casey Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does anyone know if there will eventually be a release that includes a functioning custom boot logo option?
  • carl
    carl Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    this applies to all works for pod2g.so, everytime i let my iphone's battery die, and i charge it, after the phone boots, it gets stuck in a never ending respring cycle. I tend to put it in dfu u mood, to charge it mid way, then keep holding power+home button to try to escape it.Just wanted pod2g to know
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Since upgrading my 3GS new bootrom with sn0wbreez 2.9, I can't reboot smoothly. It's always stuck at apple's bootlogo screnn. I have to try rebooting several times and it takes forever before it can finally booted (without iBoot anyway!). Anyone with similar situations? I was quick at praising this JB but it seems to have a bug. iH8sn0w should check this out. Thanks!
  • quaz
    quaz Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yeah Stan, I have the same problem with my 3Gs new bootrom. Rebooting has always been a problem for me ever seen i upgraded. At a point, I was doubting if it was really an untethered JB, cos I've had cause to use ibooty to boot my device.
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have tried iBooty too... but it did not work for me. I guess this is not really a full-untethered JB. Once booted after long tries, everything (Apps I have tried) work perfectly well. It is actually better than redsn0w 0.9.10b4 untethered with Apps performance. It just have to be a full-untethered JB which I doubt it is.
  • JojoS
    JojoS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have been waiting for Snowbreeze 2.9 to JB and Unlock my 3GS with iOS5.01 BB 05.16.05 but I know I have to upgrade BB to 06.15.00 but I can't seem to get pass 87% checking when downloading ultraSn0w. Is there a fix coming for this? Better yet, is there a downgrade option coming for Ipad 1 BB to stock BB that is unlockable by UltraSn0w?
  • xuxo
    xuxo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It's not necessary to upgrade your baseband to the iPad one. Just create your custom firmware in normal mode. All modes support BB preservation and ask you weather you want to hacktivate the device or not. The problem, like others say is that it doesn't seem to be a real untethered JB.
  • JojoS
    JojoS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My current BB is unlockable. That is why BB upgrade is a must to be able to unlock via UltraSn0w.
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well, I think it still depends on which previous BB he has.These are the supported basebands for ultrasn0w 1.2.5 unlock on iOS 5.0.1:01.59.0004.26.0805.11.0705.12.0105.13.0406.15.00If he has any other BB beside these and he wants to unlock, iPad BB (06.15.00) is the only way to go.One thing is correct though... Sn0wbreez 2.9 is not really untether JB. I hope iH8sn0w fixes this issue soon. It's getting me crazy already. Don't get me wrong... I'll always appreciate the good work from these guys.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have jailbroken my iphone a few times using previous versions of this software, but for some reason this time all I get is error 1600 from itunes. I’ve tried it a few times and also with the accompanying ireb, but still no joy. Anyone else getting this problem?
  • Rakesh
    Rakesh Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i have apple i phone 3gs jail break i want upgrade my os is 4.1 it is possible upgrade my os 5.0 in my phone
  • hockeyfights
    hockeyfights Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried JB my iphone 4 with Sn0wbreeze today. Everything was going well until the restore at which time I received the phone could not be restored error (10) and the phone is stuck on the Sn0wbreeze logo. Any ideas? Previously running JB 4.3.3
  • Wilo
    Wilo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just jailbreaked with snowbreeze. However, Cydia doesnt load correctly. What can I do to fix this?
  • Wilo
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hard Reset seemed to fix it
  • Wilo
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would Upgrade the iphone to version 5.0.1 first and then do the jailbreak. I had a jailbreak for 4.2.1 installed before and that's what I did and it worked flawlessly
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The reason for that is because you are not properly putting your iPhone into DFU. You MUST use ireb or redsnow to do that. Just follow the instructions and with a little creativity, everything will be just fine.