How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S Using Absinthe For Mac [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5]

Comments

• R Wass
    R Wass Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    start your mac in safe mode by turning it off and starting it back up while holding the shift key, then launch absinthe after it starts in safe mode. You should now be able to click jailbreak when you plug in your device. it worked for me.
  • R Wass
    R Wass Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    TROUBLESHOOTING help: If you are having the problem where you cannot click jailbreak on absinthe with your device plugged in, start your mac in safe mode. You do this by turning it off and starting it back up while holding the shift key, then launch absinthe after it starts in safe mode. You should now be able to click jailbreak when you plug in your device. it worked for me.
  • N1ck
    N1ck Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have done everything, upgrade to 5.0.1, update to newest iTunes, Absinthe 0.1.2-2, restarts both computer and phone, yet still can't seem to get the jailbreak button dark, it's still an unclickable button. help please
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Check troubleshooting tip 7 courtesy R Wass.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    2 questions1. I have a Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked and running tmobile. I did the jailbreak but when i go to the app to unlock it just stays white. I tried to reboot and run it again and did not work. What do I do? 2. As for my other iPhone 4S that is for att worked perfect. Is there a way to unlock for tmobile yet?
  • Yi Liu
    Yi Liu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    No luck. Keep quitting at "beginning jailbreak" and freezes my Mac... updated itunes, mac and phone 4s rebooted. Thanks anyway!
  • N1ck
    N1ck Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    thank you, Safe Mode did it for me.
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    its work on windows ???
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    its work on windows ?
  • tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    I cant start it up tried on 2 macbooks and it fails, app just crashes and on windows using command line says sending too large all of it is failing, weird
  • Nisan
    Nisan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I downloaded the absinthe app but whenI try to launch it on my MAC is doesn't start...what can I do?
  • Hessam
    Hessam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    same error in safe mode ! any idea?
  • Ger
    Ger Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    One word reply.. whos the fucking retard. Its a genuine question?
  • Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    hey everything works fine, once i run the absinthe app on my 4s it does everything good and reboots and the problem is that the absinthe app is still there and isn't replaced by the cydia app. any one know why this could be?! Thanks in advance!
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Guys!!!, all you have to do is just read the above article. Absinthe couldnt detect my ipad 2 no matter. i tried restore, changing VPN, i tried them all.. then i read the above article. Hace your Mac in safemode and your Mac would definitely detect your A5 devices.(see the artice above for instructions!!!)Thank you once again iphoneHacks
  • kelly
    kelly Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    having the same problem
  • jns
    jns Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    restore your ipad/iphone again then jailbreak
  • Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    i got it working. just redid everything and it worked. Thanks alot for the jailbreak!!!!
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    exactly the same problem!!!
  • 123kiddd
    123kiddd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Everyone check ur music.app mines isn't working after this jailbreak.
  • Jane
    Jane Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroken my ipad2 yesterday and succeed. Trying to do the same for my iPhone 4s but to no avail. I have the Absinthe on my home screen but when I launch it, it gives me white screen and then goes to the greenpoisoned site and nothing happened. Is it because it's overloaded or is there something wrong with my phone??
  • V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    How long does it typically take with absinthe 2? I've been waiting for over 30 mins.
  • Damian
    Damian Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    When i try to open Absinthe, it says it quit unexpectedly! Someone help!!!
  • evilmonkee
    evilmonkee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I too am wondering how long it should take. I'm using the latest windows version(.2) on my 32GB 4S, which is half full(mostly apps/pix + iTunes Match).Everything seemed to be going smoothly but it's been sitting on the screen with the greenpoison logo, after clicking on the icon that it put on the home screen, for at least 20-30 minutes now. From different websites I have read, it says that once you click this icon, the webpage should load for a second and then the phone will reboot. But on mine, it's just been sitting there.I did not do a restore before trying to jailbreak. I was hoping not to have to do that. I also made sure to run absinthe as admin and turned off all my anti-vir stuff.How long should I wait?
  • DarkOneX
    DarkOneX Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Same problem too! First time it basically just hung up for an hour on trying to jailbreak, so ended up closing the program and now ever since it's stuck in this loop. I have reboot the phone and my PC and updated to latest iTunes and nothing helps. Trying a restore from iCloud now but think it's restoring from a backup where it was alreayd messed up so not sure this is going to help anything.
  • Ajaxx71
    Ajaxx71 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Absinthe has been stuck at " setting things up, please stand by" what do I do?
  • Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    New version only took about 6mins 43s on my 4S, can finally install my paid cydia apps again. Thanks guys.
  • DarkOneX
    DarkOneX Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Doesn't work yo, just hangs forever when starting. Tried a restore even and didn't help, wtf!?
  • Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Can't get my iPhone 4s to jailbreak after clicking on jailbreak. It starts to work quickly but stops about one eighth or one tenth of the way on the download bar. Tried over and over to get it to work, but it keeps getting stuck here. Waited half an hour, and still stuck on the same spot. Any ideas how to resolve this?
  • FalseStart
    FalseStart Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If you have your device set to sync over Wi-Fi to iTunes running on another computer, it seems to disrupt the jailbreak attempt. It would be a good idea to quit the iTunes the device syncs to in order to prevent this interruption.My first attempt was interrupted by the sync. Absinthe sat idle and the iPhone 4S had an alert about an app it couldn't sync. (Which tipped me off as to the delay.) Absinthe let me quit it at that point. Restarting it resulted in it telling me a jailbreak operation was aborted, and that it would attempt to clean things up. That seemed to work. The second attempt worked - once iTunes was shut down.