Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Redsn0w CLI Tool For Windows

Comments

• Enoon
    Enoon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It worked after resetting as new. Thanks!
  • i8worm
    i8worm Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I'm set. 4S and Ipad2 jail broke. Thanks
  • LEARN
    LEARN Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    i cant get past thorugh cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig....i get an error : The procedure entry point sqlite 3_wal_checkpoint couldnt be located in the dynamic link library sqlite3.dll.windows 7 please help! ( i did run in administrator)
  • LEARN
    via Wordpress
    i think i found out i didnt put file in c:/
  • LEARN
    via Wordpress
    still doesnt work please help!
  • Tamoor Haider
    Tamoor Haider Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey!Make sure you have the latest version of itunes 10.5.3 installed. Secondly, your Ipad2 should be on iOS 5.0.1.If you have updated itunes version then you should better restart your PC.I was getting "Failed Error" after "cinject.exe -j payloads" which happened to get fixed after I updated both ipad and itunes version. Process take 5-10 seconds. Then you follow step further as mentioned in this post.Hope it helps!Cheers!
  • mike cat
    mike cat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have Ipad2 and win7 x64. The guide has the right steps but i feel it is not verbose enough.THis is exactly what i did:1.Made sure my ipad2 had close to a full battery.2.Plugged in the Usb to the dock connector cable so it is connected to my computer.3.Made sure i could see the ipad screen.4.OPened Itunes. I had my jailbroken ipad2 on version 4.3 for system OS, so i ran the update to get to 5.0.1. 5.After confirming my ipad was now running version 5.0.1, i opened itunes and clicked the Restore button to restore the ipad - i did not try to copy my old profile but chose the "treat it like a new ipad" option.6.After the Restore set my ipad back to the factory settings, i turned on the ipad. I walked through the initial setup screens, ignored the wifi network option, and left it on the main home page of the ipad.7.I then unzipped the cinject.zip file that the guide tells you to download, and unzipped it to my C: drive under its own folder near the root - mine looks like "c:\cinject".8.I then went into my program files (x86) \ common files \ apple \apple application support folder on my computer and copied the sqlite3.dll file to my c:\cinject folder.9.After that, I made sure my windows user login was setup as an administrator - if you are logged on as a guest, the cmd window may not work as you like.10.Next, i went to the windows start menu and in the box that says "search programs and files" i typed "cmd" without the quotes. this opens a black command prompt window.11.I then typed "cd c:\cinject". This is the command to change your current directory to the one where you unzipped the cinject files. Another commenter mentioned that you can hold the shift key and right click the same folder in windows to choose "run command prompt" and get yourself to the folder in the command prompt quickly.12.once i'm in the cinject folder, i type (without the quotes) "cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig"13.now i look at my ipad. the screen should light up and have a window open that asks if you want to install a profile. choose Install Now button, then ignore the password prompt by clicking the Next button. Then choose Done.14.back at my computer, i type the following (without the quotes) "cinject.exe -j payloads.The command window will show some activity. wait for the scrolling lines to end.15.next, type (without the quotes) "cinject.exe -w". this may take a minute while more activity occurs in the command window.16.back at your ipad, open up the Settings icon. Choose General > Network > VPN. WHen you do this, you'll see more activity happening in the command window. give this about a minute.17.finally back at your ipad, click the VPN switch from Off to On. You may get an error and you'll see more command window activity. wait a minute and then the ipad will reset/reboot itself.18.It should be done at this point; your ipad will show you the home screen icons. Swipe to the second page of the home screen and Cydia should be sitting there all by itself.19.Run Cydia and start searching google for Cydia repositories. the **** one is essential. i also really like the RetinaPad app.20.Enjoy your freshly-jailbroken Ipad2! Hope this more-verbose guide is helpful.
  • CM
    CM Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I just left the error there until the iPad rebooted. The error being up doesn't appear to affect anything and I suspect that by clicking ok it stops something that the jailbreak might need. It's just a theory thought.
  • syed
    syed Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Hey. do u guys know how to fix the youtube icon if its white. I just jailbroke my iphone 4s with the windows jailbreak and now the icon is white but its still working fine.
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    does anyone know how to add all the repos to cydia or do i need to go through them and add them all manually?
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Works great! Wonderful job dream team! having to restore my ipad 2 to new sucks though...oh well time to add all those apps back 1 by 1. unless there's a way to restore profile without restoring the whole os. :D
  • LEARN
    via Wordpress
    works thanks alot!!!!!
  • RGT
    RGT Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I turned off wifi first, then reset the ipad (turn it off, then turn it back on)Once the ipad has turned back on, i ran the command again and it worked this time.
  • RGT
    RGT Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    It looks like it had something to do with the wifi being turned on with the ipad.I turned off wifi on the ipad first, then reset the ipad (turn it off, then turn it back on)Once the ipad has turned back on, i ran the command again and it worked this time.
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    first of all thanks a lot !!!im running “cinject.exe -j payloads” at the 4th time and still getting a 1266 error message...any idea?/
  • nima
    nima Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
  • C@LL911
    C@LL911 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just did a batch .exe to automate the process for less experience user if someone wants it modchipmtl@hotmail.com
  • Trying to help you out
    via Wordpress
    Hey there, i managed to pass through this step. The way i did was reset all the data and contents to factory setting. Once the reset is done, you need to perform the jailbreak process again. I did two 4s so far and both were experiencing same issues. Hopefully this is helpful.
  • newb
    newb Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    works like a charm. make sure you run it at admin. When type it at the search bar right click on cmd.exe. then run it at admin.
  • Tecmanpr1
    Tecmanpr1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    What is the libxml2.dll that is missing? I try to run the cinject but dont work showing that there is a missing file.
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
  • Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress
    finally i got it !!! runs great on win 7 x64thanx !!
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    Okay so i successfully JB my ipad 2 but not i cant install Hackolus ...... WTH
  • Jay
    via Wordpress
    yeah start > Run > cmd > then do your magic !!!
  • Jay
    via Wordpress
    Hi allIn case that your OS is Windows 7 (64 bit) and you have got the message as the following: AppleSyncNotifier.exe - Entry Point Not Found The procedure enrty point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll 1. Open windows explorer, go to locationC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support2. Copy file "libxml2.dll"3. Open new windows explorer, to to locationC:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support4. Paste file "libxml2.dll" to the location.5. Reboot your computer, it should not display those message, it should be clear.
  • Jay
    via Wordpress
    yeah one by one which sucks !!!!
  • Jay
    via Wordpress
    If your putting it on your C: drive then type this when CMD windows pop up:C:\cinject_0.4.3\cinject_0.4.3 or C:\cinject_0.4.3
  • Jay
    via Wordpress
    Try to JB again !!! I had to turn VPN setting on and it rebooted
  • el
    el Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Charming guys. Perfect JB app. Thanks to all involved.
  • el
    el Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    ouch!! now cydia and **** jammed.... guess what, just like when JB was released for the A4 chip..... lol. Cheers people!!