Troubleshooting Tips if You're Having Problems Jailbreaking Your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 Using Absinthe

Comments

• batmandela
    batmandela Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Did you backup and then restore to a brand new 5.01 before running Absinthe?
  • batmandela
    batmandela Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    A5 processors only I believe.
  • andres
    andres Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I have the same issue, no many people use reporting them :S
  • JF
    JF Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I’m stucked on the “Beginning jailbreak” phase.I tried it several times and it always happens.More than a hour of waiting each time….Any help??thanks
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress
    My jailbreak button is greyed out on Windows 7 too? What's the damn fix for that??
  • ayeayre
    ayeayre Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • ayeayre
    ayeayre Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    same problem here..
  • Austin Dixon
    Austin Dixon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Just jailbroke my 4s and it ran smooth until I installed iFile and now my music library is all jacked up. I erased everything to do with iFile but still having the issue. I click on one song and it shows the album cover but plays a different song and some songs wont even play
  • Chuso
    Chuso Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Not working for me on either mac or pc. Maybe I'll wait until they fix all the bugs. Seems like some people are having issues after jailbreaking.
  • berlib
    berlib Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Not working for me (win 7)... The Ipad is recognised, the process begin but even after waiting for hours, nothing more.... It seems that absinthe is stopped. Is it due to overcharged servers ?...
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I have an Ipad 2 5.0.1. When I launch cydia it comes up "Network error. Unable to load. (the request timed out.)" on the homepage and when trying to download an app. all apps and sources are shown but no sources can be added and no apps can be installed. Please help. Tried rejailbreaking and restarting.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    is it just servers being overloaded and slow? I managed to somehow get winterboard download even though it kept comming up Network error.
  • Ron H
    Ron H Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    iPad 2 ios 5.0.1 and latest iTunes on Windows xp sp 3The following could not see the wifi network after the jailbreak:cydia (worked at first then fails)safariapp storeituneskindle (no books, no archives, can't connect to amazon)I tried some of the 'fixes' such as restoring the network settings, but no joy.Othet apps such as Weather+ work ok. I restored to 5.0.1 to get my apps working.
  • berlib
    berlib Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It seems that the problem is caused by the hosts file or something like this!...I h've jailbroken my Ipad on a new computer and all worked perfectly !Good luck
  • clemgill
    clemgill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It works for me on iPad2 up to the last step, when absinthe asks to activate the "absinthe" icon on the pad, but there is no icon anywhere... Do I need to open i(unes together with Absinthe? Thx,
  • king_T
    king_T Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    My Jailbreak on IPAD 2 is about done when absinthe crashes as soon as absinthe starts to send info. Windows crash dialog box pops up saying "absinthe.exe has stopped working" any help on this?? Obv using a windows laptop (vista 32bit) ..
  • king_T
    king_T Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Looks like a system reset done the trick!! you guys rock for making such an easy jailbreak! appreciate the hard work!! Donated!
  • Rajat
    Rajat Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    plz help me.......i was jailbreaking my ipad2 using v0.4 but unexpectedly the ipad started rebooting itself and got hung . now it is showing the apple logo on screen and it is unmoved.plz help
  • Phantom
    Phantom Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i have already jailbreak my IPAD 2 but when try to connect vpn to finish jailbreak it's appears VPN connection "a configuration error occurred"
  • REAK
    REAK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I USED ABSINTHE 0.4. WHICH INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY.i tried lunch d abseinthe on my homescreen and dis error box popped up ''Url cannot be shown''.NB:my Wifi was on.pls help!!!
  • REAK
    REAK Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i use Ipad 2...ios 5.0.1
  • Hardu Blignaut
    Hardu Blignaut Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It says that my iPhone 4s is not supported what should I do?
  • :(
    :( Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    i have all but if a wanna jailbreak spring out:sorry, the attached device is not supported what means that??
  • johnny k
    johnny k Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys i need some help i downloaded absinthe v 4.0 ran it as administrator i am currently running software version 5.1 on my at&t iPad 2 3g and when i try to jailbreak my ipad 2 absinthe says" Sorry the attached device is not supported" please help me.
  • Riguco
    Riguco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting the same error!
  • Eddie Kero
    Eddie Kero Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I bought an iPod 2 and I jailbreaked it before. I tried to download the iOS 5.0.1 from the Settings icon on my iPad 2 but then my iPad wouldn't turn on anymore and it kept on showing a screen with an arrow pointing to an iTunes symbol. I later learned that this was the recovery screen so I tried to put it out of the recovery mode by pressing the home button and power button simultaneously, but the screen kept on returning back to the recovery screen. I could not restore the iPad 2 on iTunes either, so I downloaded Tiny Umbrella 5.10.01 and tried to save the shsh. However, under the recovering devices section on the left side, my iPad did not appear and I only got a device titled ?18092..... I tried to save the shsh of this ?18902... anyways but this did not work. So, I clicked on the device and pressed the exit recovery but then my iPad2 screen went black with a white apple logo in the middle. This logo keeps on dimming and disappearing and even when I plug my iPad 2 to the computer, neither my iTunes nor the Tiny Umbrella notice it. I need urgent help!
  • Eddie Kero
    Eddie Kero Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I bought an iPod 2 and I jailbreaked it before. I tried to download the iOS 5.0.1 from the Settings icon on my iPad 2 but then my iPad wouldn't turn on anymore and it kept on showing a screen with an arrow pointing to an iTunes symbol. I later learned that this was the recovery screen so I tried to put it out of the recovery mode by pressing the home button and power button simultaneously, but the screen kept on returning back to the recovery screen. I could not restore the iPad 2 on iTunes either, so I downloaded Tiny Umbrella 5.10.01 and tried to save the shsh. However, under the recovering devices section on the left side, my iPad did not appear and I only got a device titled ?18092..... I tried to save the shsh of this ?18902... anyways but this did not work. So, I clicked on the device and pressed the exit recovery but then my iPad2 screen went black with a white apple logo in the middle. This logo keeps on dimming and disappearing and even when I plug my iPad 2 to the computer, neither my iTunes nor the Tiny Umbrella notice it. I need help!
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Tried every tip, still says device unsupported or stays gray in safe mode...running windows7
  • prem
    prem Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    After i jailbreak , my apps store and cydia is missing...appreciate for ur assistance..thanks