350,000 iBooks Textbooks Downloaded in 3 Days

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
image350,000 iBooks Textbooks Downloaded in 3 Days

With the launch launch of iBooks 2, which gets a new section for digital textbooks and iBooks Author, which allows content creators to create multi-touch books for iPad last week, Apple hopes to reinvent textbooks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Edwin Alcaraz
    Edwin Alcaraz Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Would rather download an e-book for free than pay for this in the ibooks store.. that's coming from a college student who don't have all the $$$ in the world, nor an iPad.
  • dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Well once more publishers get their textbooks digitalized, wouldn't you just need to figure out how to rove the drm on these digital textbooks and then just open them up on your computer like any old ebook?
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    As a user for the last 8 month or so of ebooks for all my textbooks There is a problem with your thinking.While there are many many ebooks out there, all ready pirated, let me a sure you with the vast number of textbooks available to educators makes finding the exact text book you need difficult to impossible. I searched for many of my text books, and only found one optional reference material. There are plenty of links suggesting ebookee, or usenet sources, but no real solid links. This may change in the future, but at the moment textbook piracy has not made it mainstream. Surprisingly, it seems the textbook publishers have done a better job of nailing links than the other industries.I will be curious what kind of protection iBook provides from ripping books directly.Right now I have used print to pdf to copy "rental" ebooks for future use. But even then, there is lines inserted every few paragraphs that chew up any form of OCR. So .. files are very big compared to the original. All that aside, ebooks definitely are the future. As a nursing student, I carry a complete library to clinical with me. Fellow students may carry one or two reference books with them before their backs are breaking, or they don't have the desk space to work.