Evi: iPhone App Brings Siri-Like Functionality to Non-iPhone 4S Devices

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageEvi: iPhone App Brings Siri-Like Functionality to Non-iPhone 4S Devices

A new app called Evi has just been released in the App Store that aims to bring Siri-like functionality to non-iPhone 4S devices, which makes use of Nuance’s voice recognition technology like Siri and True Knowledge’s engine.

Here's what developers - True Knowledge have to say about Evi:

Evi is the revolutionary artificial intelligence here to help with all of your everyday information needs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I hope the dream team can combine the 2 apps evi n siri and get it working just like siri and we can have spire fully working
  • Sthlm
    Sthlm Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Dosen't work :( cant connect...
  • Disco
    Disco Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just tried it,servers are not even functioning. Waste of my money.With the iPhone 4s jail-broken I'm sure we will be able to get Siri on our apple devices and avoid the whole proxy issue
  • AJS830
    AJS830 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It can't connect to its servers! waste of .99 cents :(
  • grayson
    grayson Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im having the same problem as you it keeps saying try again in a minute
  • Dont Bite the Forbidden Apple
    Options
    I cant figure out how to get it to speak answers back to me.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just because the 4s was jailbroken isn't really going to change anything. The reason being is the issue lies with the fact that siri servers will only accept 4s UDIDs and there isn't any way around that besides getting a UDID from a 4s user. The most that might happen is someone releases a siri jailbreak where you won't need a proxy server just a 4s UDID but chances are it will have to be released by a hacker group that is will to break the law.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    another load of ****. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • MatTtTE
    MatTtTE Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So lame. It's a 1 star app. Why the new on such crap
  • David@theOnlyCog
    David@theOnlyCog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think True Knowledge might be out buying some new servers tomorrow. It's all fallen apart by the looks of it!
  • Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What a waste of 69p. Can't connect to servers. Lame. I was looking forward to this on my 3GS seeing I can't afford a 4s! Thanks a lot it is ****.
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This app is not new... Only some new features, I had it on my iPhone 4 and never used it. Only it was free then...
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I wish they should have made it available on a trial basis for a few months, wait for complaints/critiques, patch it better and then price it higher. As is now, a few dozen bad reviews will hurt the developers than the rush to cash in.
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Tried a dozen times over the last three hours... Always the same "try later". Are they going to fix it, or just split town with my .99?
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It would be easier if Apple would just give Siri to everyone else instead of being selfish and making devs try and hack the damn program. Come on Apple, get your head out of your ass and share. The 4s ain't all that. My 4 looks just like it and has the same iOS. Don't say processor either cause that's already been proven wrong.
  • Fad
    Fad Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Opensiri is the best siri tweak ever!!!!! Its open any apps by just saying the app!!
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • dice
    dice Posts: 94
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yo, is any other 4S owner haveing slow state of device when installing, or rebooting useing cydia? Honestly i expected it to fly thru what ever i iwanted to do. Just alone the respring process is hella long... My slow 3g didnt run this slow.... Any ideas? Or toubles
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I cannot get this to talk back to me, I am a littldissapointed so far
  • Ashly
    Ashly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Why dont these crap will not understand blindly copying siri wont make them successful lol. Only products with original technology will click, myBantu is the only Siri for Android...Check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTOu59Envc
  • Alyssa Steve
    Alyssa Steve Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Another crap app :/ myBantu has much better features :/
  • Jap
    Jap Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i was more than happy with siri0us untill they shut it down,
  • M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Options
    how do you use opensire?
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It has tu work with the headset, when it's in your pocket and the phone is locked. Unless it can do that, it's useless! That's when Siri is most needed!!! I do not want voice recognition apps that work while i use the phone with my hands!
  • Benjamin
    Benjamin Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The developer put up a disclaimer on the App's purchase page. Looks like the response was so overwhelming it crashed their servers, but they are getting it corrected. I downloaded tonight and have been able to get about a 75% response rate, so they must be close to getting capacity up. Otherwise, I have other Apps powered by Nuance (Dragon Go! and Dragon Dictation) and they are so awesome I know this will be worth the wait. This is the Developer's fault; not Nuance.
  • Ryu
    Ryu Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Stop all your hating, they seem to have added servers as now it works most of the time. Only got the server message once this morning.This does exactly what is says it does so read the description carefully before buying.It is not Siri, it does not control your iPhone, it is not voice activated you need to press a button before you speak and it does not send email or text.It's simply a natural voice search with location and also gives knowledge base answers. It's well worth the 99 cents IMO.That said the website says it plans to add more Siri like features in the future. Also come in a Android app.
  • Paychex
    Paychex Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ive got it to work great at times. It is true that the servers are being bombarded during the day but at night they are functional. That's when I have had fun with it. I have gotten it to speak back to me and give me links to many questions that I have had. It's got to get better, faster but when it does, it will probably cost more... Just saying
  • c-plus
    c-plus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got Siri installed on my iphone 4 and my iPod. I think its slower getting stuff from the server. I think its because of A4 chip.
  • noel
    noel Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've been trying this sporadically for two days and it has yet to answer a question for me. Too bad. I installed siri on my iPhone 4 but ditched it when it wouldn't play nice with TomTom (plus, I didn't know where I was going to find a proxy). Would love to have Siri or a Siri-like app but I might be waiting until I buy my iPhone 5, whenever that comes out.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    EVI answers most of my questions great but she only types the answers. HOW CAN I GET HER TO TALK TO ME?