QuasiDisk: Simple File Manager App Allows Tethering Via Hidden Feature

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageQuasiDisk: Simple File Manager App Allows Tethering Via Hidden Feature

9 to 5 Mac reports that developers of iPhone app QuasiDisk have sneaked in the tethering feature in the latest update.

While the description of the iPhone app in the App Store does not mention the tethering feature and claims to be just a simple file manager and file viewer, the YouTube video as you can see below shows how to tether your laptop to the iPhone's 3G data connection to surf on the web using QuasiDisk's hidden tethering feature.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Matt B
    Matt B Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Itether is WAY easier... the one that was offered on iTunes at least... i assume the one on cydia is the same thing. It's got none of the BS to connect like with this app... i guess you save 3 dollars though. It's just a big pain if your'e doing this EVERY time you go online. I suppose it's an option for the unjailbroken iPhone.
  • دردشة يمنية
    via Wordpress
    wow excellent i love this , this is crazy
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Don't understand tethering features being SOLD. Especially with AT&T cracking down on unofficial tethering. I paid for MyWi and I quit using it because of the infamous letter from them. Now it's wasted money because in not gonna lose my unlimited. It's a matter of the lesser of two Evils run by the 1 corporate devil.
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    Download it, quick!
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    Will this work to tether my iPhone with iPad?
  • Barack O
    Barack O Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    PDA net has a hide tethering feature tat seems to work been using since AT&T started being the tether nazis. They also do the app for android and blackberry withch I used use b4 I got my job that had special requirements but I digress PDA net is prety good except with the hide tethering option on the sites you visit think your a phone no matter what device you are actually using
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    It's been pulled already, but at least I got it while it was available.
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    ATTENTION:: those of you having trouble making the app work. You must turn off the Auto Proxy Discovery in the same menu that has the HTTP and SOCKS proxies. I have found that it WILL NOT WORK if you have this turned on. Works great now. When you switch back to regular Wifi you must uncheck the HTTP and SOCKS and recheck the Auto Proxy Discovery. Every time you must make that switch. Otherwise good to go
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    using the same port and proxy address on the HTTPS proxy will enable you to visit secured sites. FYI