Spigen Releases Tempered Glass Screen Protector For iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSpigen Releases Tempered Glass Screen Protector For iPhone

Ever since Apple launched the iPhone, which came with a glass screen (instead of plastic), one of the popular iPhone accessories is a screen protector.

Typically these screen protectors are made of plastic. However, folks at Spigen have an interesting solution. They've launched a screen protector made of tempered glass to protect iPhone's screen from damage and scratches.

Read the full story here

Comments

• iOS5
    iOS5 Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    I think i will give this a shot since i hate screen protectors ever made. Firsssssstttttt.. ha
  • Troy
    Troy Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Never been a fan of screen protectors, but ghost armor is real good stuff. Have had it on every iPhone I have owned. That said this stuff looks real strong, but does look a little thick, would have to see it in person.
  • FlyingKiwi
    FlyingKiwi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    So does this mean that this is stronger than the actual Iphone Glass because it doesn't scratch? I know that the iphone glass scratches.
  • lordofthereef
    lordofthereef Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I went ahead and ordered one. A bit on the spendy side, especially the shipping. A small flat rate box costs almost $2 less than what they are charging. Sure, $2 isn't much, but when you are already dropping $28 on essentially a thin sheet of glass, they could have at least charge ACTUAL shipping costs.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Wow you guys are real late on this one. I've saw this on SGP site like 3 weeks ago. I even went to the store because they do have a SGP store in Korea so I went there and ask about this product and though they sell this product, they don't usually recommend it. This Glas.T first came out for Samsung Galaxy S II phone and later out for iphone.
  • lordofthereef
    lordofthereef Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    EDIT: These can be had on eBay for $29.99 free shipping on eBay, a savings of $5, compared to the official SGP site, but they do ship from South Korea. If this thing is as nice as it looks in the videos, I will probably order another for the fiance via eBay.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It seemed to have been picked up by most blogs earlier today.In fact, Spigen also published a blog post to talk about GLAS.t only yesterday:http://www.spigen.com/blog/spigen-glas-t-screen-protector-for-the-iphone-44s
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    if i have a scratch on my screen that's big / bad enough i can't stand it, i'll replace the screen. i hate screen protectors and never have used one. zero issues on my screen right now. replacement glass is only 35 bucks off amazon. yeah, it takes about an hour to take the phone apart and back together, but still, screen covers annoy me.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    Maybe that is in U.S, however, this product has been out in Korea since the first week of January.
  • Reeplay
    Reeplay Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    you care to show me one of those 35buck screens? I suppose your not talking about the iphone 4 screens right? Those are 50€ atleast..
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, you pay anything under $50 forAn iPhone 4 screen on eBay and it willBe sh*t. Like twice as thick as originalMaking the home button just about unuseable. I use to wonder why some of them sell it with a new home button. It must be a thicker button.