Apple Top PC Maker in Q4 2011 If You Include iPads

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Top PC Maker in Q4 2011 If You Include iPads

Apple blew away analyst estimates by posting record revenue of $46.33 billion and net quarterly profit of $13.06 billion in the year-ago quarter in the fourth quarter of 2011, compared to revenue of $26.7 billion and net quarterly profit of $6 billion.

Apple sold a whopping 37 million iPhones, 15.43 million iPads and 5.2 million Macs in the last quarter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jonas
    Jonas Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    In my opinion, apple is top seller in the tablet range, nothing against the ipad, but at this point in time, no tablet is quite the same as a pc, be it with ios or android. They're fun, you can do a lot with them, but they aren't as fast as pc's and nowhere as productive, so well, until they are, i'd say they should be put in a cathegory of their own.
  • Jorge toro
    Jorge toro Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Totally agree with jonas
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    agree. many things a PC can do that a tablet can't. maybe if apple computers weren't as pricey they'd sell more - the OS isn't that hard to get adjusted to. many pros and cons of MacOS / Windows.
  • jussayin
    jussayin Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    define a computer......I would say in the standard definition of such a device then a tablet would be considered so, the fact a desktop or laptop can do more is immaterial look what a phone can do today compared to a PC of 15 years ago & that was a PC......and to say macs are pricey is simply not true, compare a similar product and I mean build as well as spec and you'll find PC manufacturers struggle against mac book airs etc....
  • Jonas
    Jonas Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    what i am doing now for example, i'm replying to you, and watching a stream at the same time in a little part of the screen and seeing what my gf writes me in Fb, if a tablet is to be considered a pc it must be able to do this, and yes, i know you can switch between aps, but it simply isn't the same thing. Multitasking is just a small example. There are still a lot of software tablets cant handle because of the power they lack. And a simple thing as watching a movie with subtitles is an horror if that movie is encoded in any other way than avi or mp4. With the way things are evolving, they will get there eventually, but as of now, tablets are tablets, and pcs remain pcs. As for the money a mac costs, i own an alienware laptop so i'm for throwing a few extra € to have a different than average product, as long as it stays powerfull. You buy what you want with your money, it's just awesome to have the choice.
  • Sneak
    Sneak Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Tablets cannot be considered a pc because it's user limited. You can't downloads files as place anywhere. You can't even upload like a normal pc. You can't install codecs. It won't open a ton of file formats that a normal pc can. Tablets is basically a tech toy. Internet browsing, games, light productivity.
  • l
    l Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    nope, no one includes fucking ipads in those stats..and ipad is a tablet not a fucking computer
  • l
    via Wordpress
    nope, no one includes ipads in those stats..and ipad is a tablet not a f u c k i n g computer
  • l
    via Wordpress
    nope, no one includes ipads in those stats..and ipad is a tablet not a computer