iRandomizer Numbers App Includes Hidden Tethering Feature

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiRandomizer Numbers App Includes Hidden Tethering Feature

Earlier in the week, we reported about a hidden feature in QuasiDisk - a simple file manager app that allowed users to use iPhone's 3G data connection to surf the web on their computer.

Not surprisingly, the app was quickly removed from the App Store.

It looks like another iPhone app has sneaked in the tethering feature via an easter egg. Information Week reports that iRandomizer Numbers includes a tethering feature which can be enabled by entering undocumented codes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Caddouch
    Caddouch Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    I got the app but I wish somebody would give instructions on to setup it up to work on your windows pc , thank u
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress
    It only works in taking your 4.99
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I think all apps removed from the app store and had to be purchased should also be reimbursed to those who purchased it.
  • Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
    True that! This app won't last long now that it's been reported on. Most of the reviews say people can't get it to work. I wonder if it's a scam.
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    I got it working...Don't know why so many people are having trouble?1.  Make an Adhoc network on your PC2.  Join on your iPhone and set a static IP to 13.37.13.37 with the Subnet mask to 255.255.255.03.  Now edit the settings on your PC to match - check SOCKS proxy and add 13.37.13.37 with 2000 as the port4.  Now click Apply
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    I got it working...Don't know why so many people are having trouble?1.  Make an Adhoc network on your PC2.  Join on your iPhone and set a static IP to 13.37.13.37 with the Subnet mask to 255.255.255.03.  Now edit the settings on your PC to match - check SOCKS proxy and add 13.37.13.37 with 2000 as the port4.  Now click ApplyI got it working on my iPhone 4 - Verizon
  • Rix
    Rix Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The tethering feature currently only works from iPhone to Mac/PC the company propmtly replied with configuration details but sadly cant do it with an Ipad
  • Arek
    Arek Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Must suck that u guys in the states have to do so much workaround to do something that's built into the iOS, I've heard nothing about tethering issues in Canada
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Would you please advise me how to connect on Windows7 PC?
  • شات يمني
    شات يمني Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    good luck to those who purchase it ^_^
  • allen klesh
    allen klesh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Can I use this to connect my ipod touch to my 3G ipad?
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    I bought it last week when I first read that it had tethering. I've tested it and tethering works, but it's complicated to set up. Despite what I've seen posted everywhere (including here), you don't need to set up a static ip of 13.37.13.37. In fact doing so could cause it not to work.Here's how I got it working with Firefox on my Windows XP machine with Firefox:1. In windows XP, set up an adhoc network (only need to do once)2. On the phone join the addon network.3. Start the tethering in the app and in Firefox put the proxy ip and port displayed in the app into the Socks host in Advanced->Network->Connection.4. Change network.proxy.socks_remote_dns preference to true. (This is important as otherwise domain names won't resolve).5. Restart Firefox.The above lets me tether and surf the web with Firefox. There are some issues though. Since it uses SOCKS 5, only machines that can do SOCKS 5 proxying will work (I.e, no tethering iPad to iPhone). Also the program you want to use needs to be able to do remote DNS resolution over SOCKS, not all do. Trying to do local DNS resolution fails. Other than that it works great, though it drains the iPhone battery very quickly.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    How to set it up for running smoothly?
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    It works, but like all proxy tethering apps, it's hard to set up as it requires an ad-hoc connection, unlike tethering built in it iOS which basically works as a wireless access point. Also since it uses SOCKS, local DNS resolution won't work. See my post below for steps.The only reason to use this tethering is if you can't get tethering on your carrier (for example grandfathered with unlimited).
  • Ah
    Ah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I was tethering using Mywi and AT&T somehow found out now they put my on the tethering plan and I lost my unlimited data. Dam AT&T !!!!! I wish I had a hidden feature. Be careful guys. I'm moving to straight talk when my contract ends.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Tethering works great in the US too; With the built in software. People are just to cheap to pay for it, or want to hog resources and go beyond the 2/5 GB data package.
  • beast
    beast Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Let me know if you find out I can't get it to work on vista or windows 7