Buffalo Wild Wings Testing On-Table iPad Ordering System

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBuffalo Wild Wings Testing On-Table iPad Ordering System

830-store strong restaurant chain, Buffalo Wild Wings, is entering into the second phase of its iPad pilot program in Minneapolis, after completing its initial roll out in a suburban Toronto branch.

Under its pilot program, the restaurant chain plans to equip each table with an iPad to let customers place orders and browse the internet. Buffalo Wild Wing's director of international business said:

Read the full story here

Comments

• The Truth
    The Truth Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like a crappy idea like anyone would want to use a buffalo sauce soked iPad ......FIRSTT
  • The Truth
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like a bad idea like anyone would want to use a buffalo sauce soked iPad ......FIRSTT
  • Trut
    Trut Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like a bad idea like anyone would want to use a buffalo sauce soked iPad
  • The Truth
    via Wordpress
    Sounds like a bad idea like anyone would want to use a buffalo sauce soked iPad
  • Billy
    Billy Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Good idea but I can just imagine how dirty they will get.
  • JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    This brings "order when you're ready" to a new level instead of having to wait on the waitress to show up. But this will also be yet another distraction on how we can ignore everyone at the dinner table instead of engaging in great conversation.
  • TheBigFatNerd
    TheBigFatNerd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Check out http://thethirstybear.com/ - Just opened in London. Uses iPads and self-serve beer!
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I saw something like that already at a airport in the US (do not remember where it was). They were fitted in a horizontal way so you can't spill your coffee over the iPad. Was pretty cool because you could also watch for your departure gate, the internet and so on.... I'm not sure if you also had the possibility to order with that........ i'm sure we ordered on the waitress, because she was a hot girl ;-)
  • CheeseEater
    CheeseEater Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I my iPad to BWW everytime I go because I can play trivia and poker on it instead of the blue boxes, I would love to be able to order from it as well.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Wont this be too expensive for them?
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    This has the potential to be a great idea, but maybe not the way BWW is executing it.Yes, people are very familiar with the interface, especially kids. The ipad would need to be fixed into place on the table. The article says many women would use the iPad to look at facebook... and then forget to sign themselves back out after a few drinks. What they need is a locked protective case on the table that keeps a solid power supply and doesn't allow the home button to be used.Or - way better idea. How about they save some money and don't intimidate customers who would prefer normal interactions with a waitress. Install a sign on each table with a QR code. Scanning the QR code will lead the customer to the app store to download the BWW app. Scanning the same QR code from within the app could sign the user in as location x, table y and bring up the menu. Keeping track of a tab with no surprises at the end, being able to pay with saved payment information or split the tab in flexible ways would be attractive features. Then when the customer leaves they still have the app and now BWW has a new channel to send them offers and get them back in if they opt in for it. Offer a free appetizer or a discount for using it at first.