Vonage Releases New iPhone App; Offers 30% Cheaper International Calling Rates Than Skype

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVonage Releases New iPhone App; Offers 30% Cheaper International Calling Rates Than Skype

Vonage, one of the leading VoIP and SIP companies has released a new iPhone app called Vonage Mobile, which features free app-to-app calls and international calling rates that Vonage claims are on an average 70% less than major mobile carriers and 30% less than Skype.

With the new iPhone app, you no longer need to be a Vonage phone service customer to use the app. In addition to the free app-to-app calls, calls to Vonage VoIP home and business users are also free.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    MagicJack already has a free app, You can even call any US or CA # for free. If you already have a MJ # you can register it with the app and send/receive calls via the iphone app. Ditched Vonage long ago.
  • Scott Buschlen
    Scott Buschlen Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I know everyone has a bad story about one business or another, that's the way things go. I've had Skype for a number of years. As far as my account goes, never a problem. When I haven't been using it, it costs me nothing, and they don't pressure me.A few years ago, I purchased the small Vonage USB device. I activated an account online. I used it randomly and minimumly for about a year. Each month I was charged a fee. After a while I decided I would exit Vonage and save that monthly fee. That's when I found out they have small print in their agreement that said I either had to continue paying them monthly or pay an exit fee (remember I said I paid for my hardware).I would be wary of this program. Read and copy and fine print you see.
  • i need that. i make a lot of int'l calls this is real helpful . htanks
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Skype will also reduce its rates soon.
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress
    Guys try MobileVOIP. I'm using it more then 4 years and I love it the cheapest int calls in the USA just try it and you will see all the others are bull sh*t.
  • kraken
    kraken Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    I use Talkatone a lot. It's a free app with free calls over 3g and wifi via google voice. Google voice might charge for international, but they certainly don't for calls within the US.
  • google
    google Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I've been using google voice for a while now and it's pretty good. All calls in US are free and the lowest INT rates ever.
  • Extramask
    Extramask Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Been using Skype for years, and they're truly hard to beat in terms of uptime, rates, and reliability. Competitors would really have to up the ante manifold for Skype users to swtich.