Twinkle - iPhone Twitter App adds Location Feature

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTwinkle - iPhone Twitter App adds Location Feature

If you are a Twitter addict and liked MobileTwitter, the native iPhone application which I had reviewed few days back then you should also checkout Twinkle, another native Twitter client for the iPhone that has been recently released. Twinkle has couple of additional features that got me interested. The two...

Read the full story here

Comments

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

This app is awesome.
    I dumped mobile twitter and am using it now instead.
    The distance thing has been really helpful to find local people twittering and add them in. I found a few friends I didnt know where on twitter. It is just a very nice app. There are a couple of things I was told they are going to add on ASAP and thats clickable links and the ability to add users to follow. (at present I have to go to Twitterific on my Macbook Pro to add them)

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

I've been using this for a little while now, and it works great. I do wish I could see the Location Info, and picture on my computer at twitter.com or something. But nonetheless, it is a great feature for the iPhone and ads a new dimension to twittering, that is special just to iPhone users.

• The Tuesday Night Tech Show
    via Wordpress

This is the BEST Twitter app, hands down. The location feature is incredible and the fact that you can attach photos is also great (though they have to have Twinkle to see them).

• Len
    Len Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

How do you all get the location feature to work? Every time I go to use it, it says, "Trying to locate you" for a minute then crashes the program.

• Albert
    Albert Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Twitxr.com has been doing exactly the same for over the last couple months.

You can take a photo, post a text and upload it (location is automatically guesseed), and it can be published to twitter, facebook flickr and picasa at once

Give it a look

• ksc
    ksc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

with the newest version of twinkle, you can see the photos on twitter.com via a url. also clickable links have been added as well as the follow/block ability.

twitxr can't compare to this ... as this is a twitter client with photo and location capabilities. twitxr is really for just posting a photo link to twitter.

twinkle is awesome!

• Twinkle is AWESOME! As Albert said, the latest version lets your pictures be seen on twitter.com through a tinyurl-like URL. The interface has changed now, too, and you can now Reply, Send Private Message, Follow/Unfollow, and view Profile and Posts of people twittering.

You have to check this out. It's the reason I started using twitter!

• lanevids
    lanevids Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

twinkle crashes during the "locate me" also, what gives?

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

will it work on a jailbroken ipod touch too?

• arthur
    arthur Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
  • Vandikar
    Vandikar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Wish I could join the fanclub for this program but I worked with it for 3 hours and couldn't ever get the thing to work. Nothing I entered ever showed up on my wife's mobile device and nothing she entered showed up on mine except through the sms client.

The settings window, such as it is, doesn't work and trying to follow someone from the twinkle program is, near as I can tell, impossible.

Everyone seems to love this program, and I want too, but 3 hours is long enough, I'm back to mobile twitter and SMS.

• Neptic
    Neptic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had this installed and it worked for about a month, Suddenly I get a authentication error and cannot ever get on through the iPhone interface, but online it works. What happened?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

It's weird that Twinkle seems to think that I (and a number of other nearby users) are in American Samoa, when we're in Sydney, Australia. It even lists the correct Sydney suburb, but the country is wrong by 1000 miles or so!

• Chell
    Chell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey Neptic I have the same Problem:

"worked for about a month, Suddenly I get a authentication error and cannot ever get on through the iPhone interface, but online it works. What happened?"

What can i do?

• Vermilion
    Vermilion Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Any chance on getting Twinkle into the App Store? I've got a shiny new iPhone 3G, and Twitterific, despite winning some Apple Design Award, sucks.

• maria
    maria Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a question. I'm trying to turn on my bluetooth device on my iphone (1st genetation) but the setting says (bluetooth unavailable) can someone help me with that please?

• maria
    maria Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have a question. I'm trying to turn on my bluetooth device on my iphone (1st genetation) but the setting says (bluetooth unavailable) can someone help me with that please?

• Jen
    Jen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Huh.

My iPhone isn't jailbroken and yet Twinkle works just fine. Not sure why you're saying to jailbreak it?

Anyway, it's a great app.

• Ian S.
    Ian S. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

www.mytweet16.com - a funny little twitter app.

• Devin
    Devin Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Check out this solution for Twitter locations: http://sent.fm/
    You can post your location as a short url (http://sent.fm/P) or as a 'short-cut' url (http://sent.fm/seattle+wa) or even tweet your iPhone's exact GPS coordinates.

• TvvitterBug
    TvvitterBug Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Nice article!

I think the Twitter client landscape has really changed in 2010. New approaches and design strategies have yielded some remarkable new Twitter clients. One in particular is TvvitterBug. It eloquently combines simplicity with great functionality and entertaining animations to give you the most out of your Twitter experience.

TvvitterBug 1.3 is currently in the approval process for release on the App Store this week. This release brings together the culmination of all the features, capabilities, and functionality most sought after in an iPhone/iPod Twitter App, including:

1. All of the power you want, without the complexity you don’t.
    2. Five (TvvitterBug exclusive) user-customizable Tweet Views.
    3. Up to Five user accounts easily accessible from any view through a simple drag-down menu.
    4. Persistent Tweets between launchings so you can view your tweets anytime.
    5. Double-Tap Instant Update to easily and quickly refresh your tweet views on demand.
    6. Built-in Photo capabilities to add photos directly to your tweets.
    7. Built-in Translation support using any of the state-of-the-art web translation engines you choose, such as Google Translate, Yahoo Babelfish, or Promt Translator.
    8. Built-in Web Access to view tweet embedded pictures and other URLs.
    9. Editable User Profile, including setting a new Avatar picture.
    10. Support for both “Fixed” and “Editable” Retweets – your choice.
    11. Landscape support for both Views and Keyboard.
    12. Automatic Language detection and display – great when you’re surfing!
    13. Push Notification support.
    14. Automatic last-state restore on subsequent launchings.
    15. It also supports Lists, Spam reporting, deleting tweets, follow/unfollow, favorite/unfavorite, search of Message, From, and/or To in any timeline, Search and Trends timelines.
    16. The same ease-of-use and lightning fast operation as the original version.

You can read more about TvvitterBug at http://www.tvvitterbug.com. Look for the 1.3 upgrade coming soon.