AirBlue Sharing: Jailbreak Tweak Allows iPhone Users to Transfer Files With Any Device Via Bluetooth

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAirBlue Sharing: Jailbreak Tweak Allows iPhone Users to Transfer Files With Any Device Via Bluetooth

iPhone comes with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology but it only support the Bluetooth Headset Profile, A2DP and Bluetooth Hands-free Profile 1.5. But iPhone users still can’t transfer files between iOS devices or any other Bluetooth device, which is the most commonly requested application in the Bluetooth stack.

Eric Day - iOS hacker and developer has just released a new jailbreak tweak called AirBlue Sharing that allows jailbroken iOS device users to share files using Bluetooth.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mercifool
    Mercifool Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    So whatever happened to celeste? There's $9.99 I'm never getting back...
  • Medowance
    Medowance Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I had purchase it, when started to use it to transfer files from my Nokia to Iphone 4 (5.0.1), it restart in safe mode and i have to restart my phone again and the transfer was successful.When I try send from my Iphone4 to nokia.. it stated "Bluetooth connection failed; failed to connect to "OBEX Object Push" services on remote device"...... so how to I settle this issue??I can receive and cannot sent out... I don want my money wasted.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Looks like Celeste is now available for iOS 5! Yay!
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    try no. its not out for ios 5 yet........
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Wow, lets see how it works.
  • waakkaka
    waakkaka Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    is there any cracked version?
  • Don Dilla
    Don Dilla Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Been waiting on something like this for a LONG time &........putting music straight to my iPod like Mewseek!
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    5$ for tweak that don't work smooth..some one have become greedy. i'll be happy to pay/donate for developers who invest time and efort. price it to 2 or 3$ and twice as muth will download it.just think about it...
  • Zoub
    Zoub Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • philgin
    philgin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    how do you send videos and music from the Music/Videos library?
  • philgin
    philgin Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    nevermind, just got an updated version that fixes this. thanks anyway. ;)
  • @DRMOH82
    @DRMOH82 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i got this and it was cool but since like i got it i cannt keep my blutooth on all the time . in my settings i cant see the toggle for on and off. As a result of this i cant connect my iphone to my car bluetooth system any more and i sent in their website many time but no one f*cking care they didnt even reply. if any one have any idea how to fix this or if any one know if there is any tweak which conflict with this 1 please tell methanks
  • Mattie Catledge
    Mattie Catledge Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I cannot get the preloader work fine. Here is the problem. I wanna load external swf (one) of about 1.8 Mb. Also I want to resize it to fit the holder. This is what i`ve done (if you don`t mind I altered the code, but keep your copyright on). So I modified the code like this:1. There werw two layers with placeholder2 (deleted one of them). Was testing the movie in all ways and the duplicate layer was redundant.2. Deleted the row script with the _go button, and deleted the button, this for automatically loading the movie.3. Inserted _xscale and _yscale code strings (are more effective towards the resize.height etc).4. Modified the counter number to 1 instead of 4.
  • coldzero
    coldzero Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Cant get this to work on my iphone 4s, installs and when i restart my springboard my phone goes into safe mode so a waste of money
  • Mohamad
    Mohamad Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    hi please help me, i restored my phone rejailbreaked. and re-installed air blue it keeps getting my phone into safe mode please help
  • Roman
    Roman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I have same issue, my friends phone even wan't to start! After receiving from Nokia it go to safemode!
  • truebeleive
    truebeleive Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    gre8 work on the air blue tweak i have downloaded this as a cracked file it works gre8 but the problem here i have a 3gs with the 5 firmware when i restarted my phone my WiFi workes and every thing just doesn't load even my router and PC any body can help please be kind and if you have the same problem please let me know i feel weird .
  • Satyajeet
    Satyajeet Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Did airblue works on iphone3 ??? Plz reply
  • Ruelle
    Ruelle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I won't buy it as I am hearing that it is useless
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress
    what source do i need to add to get it cause when i search in cydia, i'm assuming its cause i dont have the source for it
  • neoaggelos
    neoaggelos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    does anyone know how to remove this Open In Bluetooth.I've deleted Airblue Sharing but it's still there :(Any help appreciated
  • hemant
    hemant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    when it will come for ios 5.1.1 ??? hmm
  • RD
    RD Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    The AirBlue app is a little confusing to set up (and you need to turn Apple's bluetooth setting "OFF" in 'Settings'... so that AirBlue can manage bluetooth). It needs some instructions in the description or somehwere. You have to go through the motions of sending to get the app 'activated' (what's that?)... and to get your devices all 'paired' up, which took a couple tries. In my Android phone, my found bluetooth devices are listed as 'paired, but not connected' although the file transfer with AirBlue Sharing...works. AFTER getting all set up... 1) To send FROM my iPod Touch 4, I went to Photos app, tapped on a displayed photo to get the Send icon (square with arrow coming out), then chose bluetooth, chose my paired Android phone, and... then I got a notification to accept the file on the Android. 2) To receive TO my iPod Touch 4, you have to -first- tap the iPod's 'status bar'... which brings a little paper airplane icon into it, then a banner pops up to 'Tap to show transfers'... then I could go to my Android and send a file via bluetooth, selecting the iPod as destination... and a prompt to 'Accept the file' shows up on the iPod.However, the AirBlue Sharing app itself doesn't make a lot of sense (to me)... I can tap the menu icon in the app (three horizontal bars in the upper left) and select 'Home'... but drilling down into the Media folder doesn't help much. In DCIM/100Apple, it only shows useless "IMG_####.JPG" names.... and at the moment I can't find my other albums. So... there's not much use, for me, for the app by itself... but the bluetooth transfer works.--The app/folder system needs to be more 'user friendly'... show thumbnails ... and bookmark the standard locations for photos (including albums), videos, and music... at least.
  • RD
    RD Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    P.S. While the AirBlue bluetooth connectivity is actually running, the AirBlue paper airplane and AirBlue bluetooth icons will show in the status bar and the Apple 'Settings' bluetooth control will be 'Unavailable'. The AirBlue paper airplane will eventually timeout (in about a minute), but sometimes the AirBlue bluetooth stack doesn't... you may need to reboot your iDevice.