Apple Reportedly Working With Suppliers on 8-inch iPad Mini

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Reportedly Working With Suppliers on 8-inch iPad Mini

The iPad mini rumors are back.

Shortly after confirming the possibility of a 4G LTE iPad, Wall Street Journal now reports that Apple is working with component suppliers on an iPad with a smaller screen.

WSJ reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Smaller tables dont have something the iPad has...iOS. The software is so polished, that in their current state, they cannot compete. Thats why we wont see anything get close to the ipad. I dont think a smaller one is coming...steve said 9.7 is THE size to go with.
  • Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    We don't want a smaller pad! We've got iPhones for that! I would like to see a 12 or 14 inch screen so it can really take on laptops and portable video!
  • Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Too right.A smaller screen would dilute the value of the brand, add an extra screen complexity for developers.And they wouldn't want to backtrack on what Steve said.And it's been proven that the Kindle Fire sold well, but at a loss for Amazon because it's below their cost.You can't keep doing that for long.And it's reviews were mediocre, but better than most other tablets.Apple has nothing to worry about from the Kindle Fire or any other tablet right now.Their agenda seems to be slow and methodical, only a change to keep ahead and in the public mindset.But that's not a bad thing, so why would they want to take a step back like the competition?And why come out with every feature under the sun NOW and not have anything to add TOMORROW?Most people and analysts clearly don't understand business and marketing.Then they get all hyped up about features and specs.Once the hype (and sticker shock) is gone, that's where Apple products shine.
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    I'd rather have them work on a car radio iOS device if they were going to do something between the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.
  • bigfodee
    bigfodee Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Steve Jobs is dead and no longer runs the company. What he said no longer matters. Let it go people.A smaller (and less expensive) iPad would sell like crazy. I am not going to spend $450+ on a iPad for my 9 and 6 year old, but $250 for a iPad mini, yeah, that is possible. They already have an iPod Touch, so all their apps and such could be moved over and be even more useful.I have debated the Kindle Fire, and played with my sisters. It is OK, but it lacks the polish and refinement of iOS. Plus I would have to buy many of my apps again. I am far from an Apple fanboy. I never owned or wanted an Apple product till I got my iPhone 3GS a year ago, and now have another 3GS for my wife and a iPod Touch for my kids. I would like an iPad, just not at the current price. I have actually been looking at refurbed iPad 1 for around $350. If the trend follows, when the iPad 3 comes out, the 2's will have a nice price drop, so I may get one then.A iPad mini would be a gread idea, a little more portable the a regular iPad, but larger screen than a iPod Touch.
  • iOS hunter
    iOS hunter Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I agree. I perfer a smaller screen from Apple over android. I play with android system and It seem to lag alot ad crashes on me multiple times. Moto zoom and transformer prime. I sold the both for a loss just to get rid of them out of my hands. I already own Two IPad 2. My 3yr old and myself. My three yr old keep dropping it and shattering the screen twice. When I see a 7-8 inch screen. I will buy them over the 10inches. And at prices under 280. My Christmas gifts shopping is easy peezy.
  • Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    I want to see a NEW Airport Express with AirPlay built-in.It would be like an AppleTV that you connect to directly.Maybe instead it will be Bluetooth 4.0 streaming.1. Get in the car or minivan2. Connect to vehicle's Airport Express3. Send audio/video via Airplay to speakers and/or video monitorSeriously, who needs or wants DVDs in the vehicle these days?
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    working - yes, launch - no