Apple Asked Amazon China to Remove iPad Because it Was Not Authorized to Sell it

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Asked Amazon China to Remove iPad Because it Was Not Authorized to Sell it

There has been some confusion with regards to the trademark issues that Apple has been over the "iPad" name in China.

Apple requesting Amazon China to remove iPad 2 from their websites yesterday only added to the confusion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Amazon might put Kindle there instead.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    "It's strange that court in China ruled in favor of Proview."Why is this strange? China is in the business of doing things like this. I used to review trade secret formulations for coatings of a very very large international chemical company. We developed many of the coatings and paint technologies for the brand names you see on the shelf. I worked with customers and subsidiaries in germany, Italy, Mexico, Russia, etc.... But we would not work with China at all. China requires complete disclosure of all components and ratios. They have no copyright laws protecting importers. Any release of such formulations were subject to being stolen by the Chinese. So, its no shock to me at least that China would protect Proview and stick it to Apple.What Apple needs to do in response is pull all their manufacturing out of China. Move it to India or wherever... but the potential impact in lost revenue may make China reconsider their stance.
  • DDt
    DDt Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    China courts ruling in favour of Proview? No surprise as to what the Chinese in China would do, as illustrated below:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueNr7mfFZu8
  • bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Very well said.. i agree. I personally never want to deal with Chinese.