Messages Will be Available Only to OS X Mountain Lion Users After Beta

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMessages Will be Available Only to OS X Mountain Lion Users After Beta

Consomac reports that they've discovered a message in Messages beta for Mac that was released yesterday that indicates that Messages will be available only to OS X Mountain Lion users after the beta program has ended.

Messages is one of the major new features of OS X Mountain Lion that was unveiled yesterday. It replaces iChat and allows you to send unlimited messages, high-quality photos and videos directly from your Mac to another Mac or an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JAYSON
    JAYSON Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    I think Apple needs to stop being Nazi about software. As we have seen by their stick prices, people buy their stuff no matter what. It is human nature "I have to have the new toy". And as you stated I dont think that Messages is going to be the breaking point that make people not upgrade.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    Here's the deal though man. Apple can do whatever they want with their own software. If they choose not to support past OS, there's nothing anyone can do about it. You can call them nazi's all you want, but the reality is, it's theirs, and if you choose to use it, buy it, upgrade, just find another option that's better suited for you. What about Windows crap? They have new OS constantly, quit supporting programs, force upgrades on others, and you still have to wait ten minutes for your computer to start up, only to have it have to restart before these changes can take place... I'll take a Mac any day of the week, and should I want iMessage, I'll upgrade for it. And I won't call 'em nazi's because they build a better machine.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    I'm sorry, but this is really idiotic.Another reason for me to stay with Windows. Why should I buy the damn upgrade just to use this tool?I totally understand @Jayson.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Ha ha ha Apple certainly know how to milk the faithful for every penny they can (AKA, take the piss). At least they aren't using the old iOS favorite "Detremental to the user experience."Maybe fanboys will educate their collective braincell and form a new opinion of their beloved "god".Doubt it though lol
  • leo
    leo Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Great!!!!! i Wish i have a mac. Don't really know why there isn't a whatsapp app for pc or mac, they are really thinking in apple, this is a serius advantage over bbm or any whatssapp like app
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    But not to lion users ;-)
  • Adey
    Adey Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    $29.99 is hardly 'being Nazi' for a OS upgrade. Its natural that they would want the majority of their users on their latest OS for competitive reasons and that new features would only be compatible with the new release. And I would be very much surprised if Apple made any profit from software. Last year I read was that iTunes or Apps only just breakeven for Apple. Many users didn't upgrade to Lion because of lack of reason to and a number of design issues - why wouldn't you want to give every reason for users to upgrade to Mountain Lion? I'm on DR 3 and its substantially better than SL and Lion.
  • Adey
    via Wordpress
    You are very welcome to stick with Windows. Lulz, good luck with that SNAFU. Here's an overall of all the new features in Mountain Lion; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-86GhnM3E
  • Adey
    via Wordpress
    Windows 7 'ultimate' is $219.99... that sounds like a bargain. Crippled versions are from $119.99. Enjoy your blue screens.