Apple Working on More Accurate Methods to Detect Water Damage in iOS Devices

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Working on More Accurate Methods to Detect Water Damage in iOS Devices

AppleInsider has discovered a new patent application filed by Apple titled "Mechanisms for Detecting Exposure to Water in an Electronic Device" that indicates that it is actively working on more accurate methods to detect water damage in iOS devices.

Currently, Apple uses LSIs (Liquid Submersion Indicators) or LCIs (Liquid Contact Indicators) in their iOS devices like the iPhone, which turn from white or silver to pinkish red when they come in contact with the liquid.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Stanley Dennis
    Stanley Dennis Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Apple will likely want to endorse one of the 'electronics protection schemes' that are currently in research. If they can be implemented without incurring a heat disadvantage, I would guess that Apple would surely incorporate this technology, it may increase the cost minimally, but as an avid Apple product consumer, it is no different than buying insurance for our possessions which protect us against un-forseen losses.I also realize that by doing so, Apple may indeed risk the potential loss of possible repair costs due to water damage device replacements. The goodwill that they would enjoy by endorsing that technology would, in my opinion, outweigh that loss by increasing sales to customers who would appreciate a company that 'goes the extra mile' for their customer base...
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    So much for the "waterproof iPhone" idea.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    How about a sensor that upon the detection of water, it automatically shuts down everything to protect the phone from damage. Once "dryed out/serviced" your back in business.
  • WOW
    WOW Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Instead of working on how to waterproof, they work on how to detect how it isn't - How dumb is that?
  • iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    "deices" seems like a new word..... Great proof reading iphone hackz you guys are really just a top notch website...sigh.....
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Water proof iPhone, this changes everything AGAIn.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It's fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, we can do better.
  • jl007
    jl007 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    this is funny as i dropped my i4 in the toilet(before fortunately) 3 days ago, it was very brief but to the bottom! sent out 1 text asap then left it off for a couple hours and hasn't had any problems surprisingly!
  • teenbot
    teenbot Posts: 42
    via Wordpress
    water damege pisses u off the most than any other kind of damege, just make it waterproof!!!!!