Apple's Next Generation System-On-A-Chip (SoC) For iPad 3 Dubbed "A5X"?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Next Generation System-On-A-Chip (SoC) For iPad 3 Dubbed "A5X"?

It has been widely speculated that Apple's iPad 3 that is expected to be unveiled on March 7th, will feature the next generation A6 system-on-a-chip (SoC), which will include a quad-core processor and much faster graphics processing unit (GPU).

However, a photo posted on Chinese Website - WeiPhone, which is claimed to be the iPad 3's logic board reveals that Apple's next generation system-on-chip may not be called A6, but instead be called A5X.

MacRumors reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Now all the hopes will go down, damn.
  • WatchingYou
    WatchingYou Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Very poor photoshop skills right there... nice try kid.
  • SeenDaLight
    SeenDaLight Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    ...and I waste my time reading this drivel.
  • EZFiXNY
    EZFiXNY Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Interesting, from this picture it looks like there are 2 separate cables for Digitizer. You see this pair of wide ports on the bottom left, well unless there are 2 separate digitizers I see no reason for this, like I said VERY interesting...must be some development model or something .....
  • Doobs
    Doobs Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    All it needs to have is the Retina Display and it will sell well I believe. I find reading webpages like this one more enjoyable to read on my iPhone than on my iPad 2.
  • Doobs
    Doobs Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Retina display on the front, normal display on the back, that would be cool, lol.
  • Reeplay
    Reeplay Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    I still don't see the big deal about a quad core processor... They came and never took off in the PC world... Dual cores are still the standard. Quad cores are worthless if the software doesn't support it. Just like the PC games, quad core support was minimal. Programers just didn't take time and money adding the extra code in. Apps would have to have code for dual core and code for quad core, extra effort to ensure compatibility across all models.. I'm no programmer, so this is all assumption .. but... just a thought on my part.
  • EZFiXNY
    EZFiXNY Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Doobs, my friend Digitizer is a glass in front of actual LCD (Display) that allow unit to "feel" your finger and react on touch. Now LCD port is all the way to the left just above first Digitizer port, at list it looks like it. More I think about this more I am getting convinced that this is experimental and not final unit. A5X does not sound like apple ..... donno.
  • Outsidethebox
    Outsidethebox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I remember reading about Gorilla glass or similar being made so many times stronger just recently, why can't they design a iPad with a glass back as well, or at least a touch pad like the Playstation Vita. Might become a reality one day.
  • SeenDaLight
    SeenDaLight Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    so, if you are "just assuming" PLEASE don't blog!! When you assume it makes an ASS out of U and Me
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    No GTX 680 GPU??? WTF? And no water cooling... WTH??? Screw you apple....
  • Rusty867
    Rusty867 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This has got to be the stupidest thing I've read in a while. Most all of sandybridge cpu's are quad based with the exception of some low grade i3's. And when hyper threading is thrown in, there 8 cores in this generation. Any PC game released since 2010 takes full advantage of quads: Left 4 Dead 1 was one of the 1st to adopt it. Once the A5X chips are streamlined across the ipad 3 and the next iphone, there will be plenty of apps that come out subsequently to take advantage of it. Will it be on par with a tegra quad, or even a when Haswell comes out? Who knows. But I want true multi-tasking with a quad on the next ipad. No more of this app suspension crap. That would be a deal breaker for me.
  • hachem kabbani
    hachem kabbani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    this suks, i was hoping for a quad core, ill be so disapointed if it was faster dual core..imagine they had something as strong as the intel i7 in the ipad, that would be the sickest thing ever, wont happen till another couple years
  • teenbot
    teenbot Posts: 42
    via Wordpress