Proview Prepared to Negotiate With Apple Over iPad Trademark Dispute in China

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageProview Prepared to Negotiate With Apple Over iPad Trademark Dispute in China

Times of India (TOI) reports that Proview, who has been courting Chinese Customs officials to get the import and exports of Apple's iPad banned in the country for alleged use of its iPad trademark, make be prepared for talks with Apple.

Yesterday, another Chinese court ordered distributors to stop selling Apple's iPad, while Apple threatened Proview for defamation in the iPad trademark dispute.

TOI reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wazzalisk
    Wazzalisk Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Being a Chinese myself, this is so embarassing... it's quite obvious Proview is just trying to get a few bucks to save their own a$$es, and pointing the gun at anything they can get a shot on. Apple is just one of those unlucky ones. I hope apple wins and Proview disappears. I mean, wtf is an iPAD (proview version)!? Never even heard of it!
  • Poor1
    Poor1 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    another case of 'SHOW ME THE MONEY', Apple inc. should just buy the company and than torch it on public television to give them the finger. Peace :-)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Here are 100 iPads, forget the case - Apple
  • InlineR
    InlineR Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
  • 1hihum
    1hihum Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    I find it a bit funny myself. Here is the Capitol of product cloning and copyright violations the world over in China, suing the company that thinks it can make its own rules...and usually can. Am I the only one that sees the irony here. I mean I know Apple has supposedly already paid for the right to the name, but I find it a bit amusing. I can guarantee Apple will take care of business and get it settled, but I for one am getting a little tired of all of these Apple lawsuits.
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
  • Kao Saephan
    Kao Saephan Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Apple already purchased the rights to that name from a subsidiary of Proview. How was this not honored in court? Sorry Proview, you already sold the name. You're not entitled to any negotiations.
  • mohgui
    mohgui Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    i think it's an understatement to use "quite obvious"... should be "extremely obvious". what does a bankrupted company needs badly?... MONEY!!! greedy bastards. Apple shouldn't settle with them... just sue them for defamation and seek whatever Proview is asking as compensation.