iPhone User Awarded $850 in Throttling Case Against AT&T

2»

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    You know, If AT&T spent more time and money on upgrading their towers they wouldn't be "threatened" by unapproved tethering. Instead, they rape the customers blind for a limited "unlimited" plan, and for everything else they offer. It's sad that the american people just sit around and b*tch about it instead of telling AT&T to f*ck off and upgrade their service or they'll go to a different company that actually needs their business. Sooner or later AT&T would be in need of customers again and would have to upgrade their service for anyone to actually come back.
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
    Paradox presented a very good reason as to why they throttle speeds, but why do they only focus unlimited data users? @2gb?! I have experienced this for the past 2 months and I do not use tethering, only YouTube/Facebook/Safari. Why would I worry if I pass 2gbs if I have "unlimited" data plan? Thing is absurd!
  • qunnoir
    qunnoir Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Stop ur bull. Go back to AT&T business.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Unlimited data bandwidth is unlimited data bandwidth. How you use what you've paid for is nobodys business but your own. Whether you tether or not. Are there any other word definitions in the dictionary you'd care to disagree with? Why not team up with AT&T to write your own list of preferred word definitions. Please hurry! I'm running out of toilet paper and need a good alternative lol.
  • melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    To get people off the unlimited plan would be my best guess and to cash in on Apples cloud and O.T.A. service iOS is almost at 1gb in size now. Just imagine the bill if your almost at your data limit and Apple push an O.T.A. update on you which decides to use the data network because wi-fi isn't available. ouch
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    please copy from your aT&T contract where it says anything about bandwidth. unlimited data. there is no promise as to speeds. As for working for AT&T .. actually I hate AT&T and am a Verizon customer. I have unlimited data, and when I go on the road I pay for a tethering package to use with my iPad.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    A lot say I work for AT&T .. sorry folks I don't In fact I don't agree with AT&Ts customer stance and left them long before all this unlimited data crap...My stance as posted above, is directed at anyone that abuses the system, regardless of what the system is. If people paid for tethering as intended, then this would not have happened. Mywi and PDAnet gave users ways to circumvent this, and large numbers of people abused the system. Had this not have happened, then more than likely these penalties would likely never have occurred. Now everyone, legal or not, has been affected. Same with jail breaking .. jail breaking would not be so aggressively defended by apple, if it was not or **** and the piracy of apps. If that did not exist, more likely than not, apple wouldn't blink an eye at someone who wants a little more functionality. They'd simply say your warranty is void and be done with it.No I don't work for apple or AT&T ... I am a Verizon customer, and I support the programmers who deliver good software to our iPhones. I am just tired of hearing people think they are so privileged, when their illegal actions affect so many other users.
  • AngryATTUser
    AngryATTUser Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Just got off the phone with AT&T because they put me on a "restricted download speed" due to the fact I had "data usage among the top 5% of users." When I asked them how much data I used, they said "2GB". This is the top 5%?If you look at their wireless plans (http://bit.ly/yLWXCQ), you'll see that their $30 plan, which is the same amount I pay for the "Unlimited" plan, allows for 3GB of data.AT&T has gone in the toilet as far as their customer service goes, and now their "Unlimited" plan is basically worse than a "limited" plan at the same price. When my time to renew comes up, I will be taking my $200 per month business to another carrier. I recommend you do the same.
  • Admir
    Admir Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    unfortunately, you can't sue using a class action lawsuit, since it's in your contract that you signed with AT&T.
  • Kevhum1
    Kevhum1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Tethering does not cripple networks. Growing to big to fast for the sake of profit does. You are looking at this like ATT really cares about the customer. If they did there service would be the best. It's not. It's not because they know that making people happy will cost them money. Like banks they know that you won't leave because it's to complicated and you will lose what service your supposed to be getting. They are a large corporation that is looking to make money and that is all. They are above the law. They make Billions a year. There costomers are just in the way!