Apple Planning to Pull Evi - Siri-like iPhone App From App Store?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Planning to Pull Evi - Siri-like iPhone App From App Store?

Back in January, True Knowledge had released Evi - an iPhone app that brought Siri-like functionality to non-iPhone 4S devices.

Though it suffered hiccups due to the surge in traffic because of the initial demand, the $0.99 iPhone app has been downloaded more than 200,000 times from the App Store.

Though Evi lacked integration with iPhone apps, which is one of the key features of Siri, Evi comes with the following features:

Read the full story here

Comments

• melvarius
    melvarius Posts: 200
    via Wordpress
    Hopefully it'll be available on cydia and apple can shove "rule number 8.3 in the App stro T&Cs" up their corporate ass sideways.
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    If an when Siri comes out of beta and is fully functional in the uk, it'll be fantastic. At the moment it's a gimmick for setting my alarm!
  • Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Siri is a big let down here in the uk! It can't do anything! Where as evi is good, it has much better search and doesn't come back saying "sorry I can only look for business inside the u.s. I have evi on 4s instead of Siri! Wish I didn't bother getting a 4s as that was the only reason, Apple you are losing it, one hand gives and the other takes, at least let people have evi as your software is crap and pointless here in the uk
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    No offence but evi was rubbish. Read the reviews on the app store. Many reviews rated it at 1 star and that is why Apple is pulling it.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Seriously though, the thing is no good. It might be something to play with for a minute but in a real world situation it blows. I'm on wifi and it takes so long to get an answer. If I was out and about and needed some info like directions I'd probably wind up smashing the phone against my head in frustration. Also like the article says, something's just not right about the phone call and the way it went down. ???
  • The bazik
    The bazik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Siri is optimised at best for the US. Evi is great in the UK. In the uk Siri is just plain gimmicky..,,
  • Bill
    via Wordpress
    Siri I rubbish too! You wait minutes here for an awnser and it comes back saying I can only search business inside the u.s.At least evi worked! Evi may take few seconds more but at least it awnsersSiri makes me want to smash my iPhone epic fail!!!Apples biggest let down = Siri
  • Bill
    via Wordpress
    Yep if and when! Apple will give no timeline to uk support! The iPhone 5 will be out before and I guess they will drop Siri on older devicesThanks apple!
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    or just say shove it to apple and switch to another brand ;)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Planning, I thought they simply do it.
  • Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    YOU WOULD LIKE THAT WOULNT YOU.. your not convincing ANYONE
  • Ross Lewis
    Ross Lewis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Evi just blind siri copy cat:/ obviously Apple has the policy of not allowing duplicates, to give an ex: 'mybantu' doing excellent job in iOs and Android market with its own technology. Major thing what is important is - originality and simplicity.
  • Preston
    Preston Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    EVI is FREAKING AWESOME & YOU PEOPLE CAN JUST SHUT UP AND FIND SOME OTHER COMPANY THAT IS BASED IN YOUR COUNTRY. U SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTY NO SAY IN THESE THINGS!!!!