AT&T's iPhone Plans to include free access to AT&T's Wi-Fi Hotspots sometime in the future

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T's iPhone Plans to include free access to AT&T's Wi-Fi Hotspots sometime in the future

The reports about AT&T offering free Wi-Fi access to iPhone users at many of their national Wi-Fi hotspots including Starbucks and Barnes & Noble locations and then found to be turned off were not just rumors as based on the latest iPhone plans available on AT&T's website now also includes...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Carlton Northern
    Carlton Northern Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I went to McDonald's last night and saw that it was an AT&T hotspot. I launched Opera and it took me to a AT&T login screen. I wasn't sure what username and password to use so I just left and didn't bother.

• Judson
    Judson Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I still don't see an contact information for news tips. So, I figured posting in a comments section might work again since I've done 'heads' up news this way before.

Orb Enables Live TV on iPhone and iPod Touch
    - I've done a post about the press release on my site.

http://www.voipmonitor.net/2008/05/08/Orb+Enables+Live+TV+On+IPhone+And+IPod+Touch.aspx

I haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet so please tread lightly.

• Judson
    Judson Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Gah.. I just found the contact me under quick links... sorry for the post here.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Judson,

Thanks for the news tip, I will check it out and try to write about it soon.

cheers!

• unscriptable
    unscriptable Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I tried it Barnes & Noble in Burlington, MA yesterday. No go.

• kody epperson
    kody epperson Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

am I the only person that thinks AT&T needs to do like tmobile did with the sidekick lx? A month before they released the lx, everyone with a sidekick three could upgrade for a lot cheaper than buying a brand new one. If the second generation iPhone is coming around the same time as the 2.0 update then I see no reason to upgrade unless it has a few changes like 2 cameras and 3g, but still the same interface and exterior look. I read somewhere that the second gen iPhone will be selling for 199. That sounds off but if it is true then it's obviously going to be more of a downgrade than up and just for the people that want iPhones but couldn't afford them. It'll be a more popular but not as good version. I'm kind of ranting so I'll shut up now.

• someone special
    someone special Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

8gig is $199 only with a new contract. else it is $400 or $500 for the 16gig. also it has 2.0, 3G, GPS and is 2.5mm thinner.

not exactly a downgrade.