iTweak: Upcoming Web-Based Cydia Alternative For Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiTweak: Upcoming Web-Based Cydia Alternative For Jailbreak Apps And Tweaks

Couple of developers plan to launch a web-based alternative to Cydia - the popular store for jailbreak apps and tweaks, who claim will be "Fast, powerful, and very easy to use".

Developers - Kyle Pierre (@roktheworld27) and Max Tamer-Mahoney (@mtamermahoney) announced their plans few days back. Though iTweakStore.com currently says Coming Soon, you will be greeted by the following message once the web-based jailbreak app and tweak store goes live:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Options
    With iOS 5.1 support I hope/assume...
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I wonder if it has something to do with dev's having there paid tweaks cracked by other repo's in Cydia and offer better security for them.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would hope so.People scream I need my jailbreak so I can "trial" apple apps .. F! Apple.....Then they steal apps from the people that support the jailbreak community.... that makes sense to me ... Not!
  • kevin_1351
    kevin_1351 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    cracking doesn't have anything to do with this, crackers buy all the tweaks and then mod them, BUT, if your talking about the fact that you cant download cracked apps from the store, you're right, but you can still get them at cydia or the .debs at any other place...I'ts a nice idea tough, no more reloading data hehe ;)
  • J-God
    J-God Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Sounds like me. Lol
  • Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Options
    BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER •LIMA• SITUATION .LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!! HOPE THEY MAKE IT HAPPEN, THE MORE ALTERNATIVES WE HAVE, THE BETTER !!!
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm looking forward to it, IF it has a solution to check for automatic updates of apps you downloaded/paid for.Cydia is TO slow to check regulary for updates or search for good apps, unless Cydia comes with a descent solution for that, i do support a webbased cydia alike store to download all those tweaks and themes.
  • Turkish_KS
    Turkish_KS Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I hardly blame Saurik and Cydia for crackers. What Saurik provides is a place to manage sources. If someone chooses to access shady sources like xsellize, the blame doesn't fall on Cydia. Saurik and his Cydia have always been an integral part of the jailbreak community, and not that I'm against competition, but it would have to be some hell of a website to make me jump ship.
  • Casey Talbert
    Casey Talbert Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey, I'm helping develop for the iTweak Store, if you have any questions at all about iTweak, let me know on twitter. My username is @CaseyTal. :D
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jailbreak. Can you Jailbreak my ipod