Windows 8 Vs iOS 5 Running on iPad 2: Feature-by-Feature Comparison Video

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWindows 8 Vs iOS 5 Running on iPad 2: Feature-by-Feature Comparison Video

Microsoft released the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 - its next generation Windows operating system yesterday.

Microsoft brings the touch-friendly Metro Style UI from Windows Phone for the desktop and tablets with Windows 8. Microsoft says that with Windows 8 it has "reimagined  the different ways people interact with their PC and how to make everything feel like a natural extension of the device, whether using a Windows 8 tablet, laptop or all-in-one."

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mr james
    Mr james Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Nice. The windows 8 tablet should bring some good competition to apple.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Opps might have to put a hold on the new ipad 3 purchase. But window 8 tablet looks promising!
  • Flow
    Flow Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Internet Explorer not displaying opacity right? Sounds familiar... for me as a webdesigner/programming IE has been the most annoying thing to optimize websites for! I bet there will be a different browser available on that Windows8 device, first download, just like on a PC... a different browser!
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Windows 8 is great for mobile devices but very frustrating on desktop. I don't see how businesses gonna deploy this for office environment. Wish Microsoft just separate from Mobile and Desktop.
  • Damir
    Damir Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    1 tip for this guy :)4 finger swipe up on the ipad :p
  • Dr. Kino
    Dr. Kino Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Honestly looks amazing! Good job Competition is always good
  • Tali
    Tali Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Looks very interesting but with all the money I have invested in iOS I don't think I would ever switch. How big is that screen the thing looks huge and it looks mainly to be used in landscape and not potrait, where the iPad works well in either orientation.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
  • Augustine
    Augustine Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    yeah i agree with most comments. i am an sudo apple fangirl , but mainly for products that are really cool, so i just don't eat and breath apple.. :) like a true fan boyWindows 8 seems cool, nothing spectacular for sure. like i agree good competition to keep apple in check . BUT they still didn't get it, simplicity. why are there 2 menus???? but then again version 1.0 they can improve a lot. i won't switch too, mainly due to the fact that holy sh*t spent $600 on an iPad :) maybe when it dies i might
  • AT&T rapes me
    AT&T rapes me Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    It will only compete with the iPad2, the iPad 3 will blow it out the water. Once again other companies are years behind.
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    Would be nice if this guy wasn't so pro windows...... iPad is a lot less clunky !
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    4 finger swipe up beyotch. It started out good with the gestures and then the apps running side by side in the same window. Pretty awesome but it ends there. The rest of it to me is not to great. Like to see it in another year or two but then again apples will be different by then too. I hope.
  • Boomerang
    Boomerang Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    The GUI on windows 8 look good, but there's no way I would buy that crap. It look like a 17 inch laptop when in landscape. It must be weighing in a ton. Too big and clunky for me. iPad just right.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Very Nice Windows 8.. More complate than iOS5.. I was waiting for iPad 3 but I must get that tablet...! Thanks for sharing this IphoneHacks
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    lol years behind,wake up and smell the coffee..apple are a minimum 6 months to 12 months behind samsung powerwise you fanboys make me laugh...ipad 3 is still only gonna be duel core cpu while everyone else SAMSUNG next products are ready to launch with quad core..and no am not a samsumg fan :P
  • RichardE
    RichardE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This is so Fing True!! Whenever i format my computer.. the first then after installing windows.. download different browser (firefox)!!!
  • Alien
    Alien Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    You wake up Alan. I like Samsung but Apple is always gonna be the best... And nop , I am not an Apple fan :)
  • Flow
    Flow Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Stop it kids, who cares what you like better and if you're a fan or not?
  • Brian3dee
    Brian3dee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I prefer the simplistic navigation of the iPad. The windows tablet interface has some nice features but I really don't need 12 ways to launch a single app. Other wise the feature set of window 8 look competitive and that's good.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Samsung is like a fast car in a city with lots of traffic. From time to time when traffics is down, it may be nice to use its power and hit the pedal to the medal but most of the time its just a gas guzzler.
  • Kristala Pilko
    Kristala Pilko Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think it is already too late to make people switch from the Apple OS; just as it happened with Windows OS in the past, just the other way round...
  • madphx
    madphx Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Holy sh*t! I am very impressed would definitely consider buying Windows 8 tablet over Ipad. Apple needs to copy gestures and implement them on iOS devices. Everybody copied Apple now it's their turn to copy others like they did with notifications.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Windows looks little complicated, why would any one want to complicate?
  • joel
    joel Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    why is the windows tablet plugged in - something qrong with battery?
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Good point. I guess only time will tell. This is how I see it. Windows= desktop genius. Apple= mobile genius. I wonder what would happen if they someday merged... Just a crazy blasphemous thought.
  • mjsk
    mjsk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm sure there are plenty more people like me though, who dislike anything running iOS or OS X. I have iOS devices, and I run OS X on one of my laptops for certain tasks. I would be happy to bring an end to my use of Apple products, and will readily adopt Windows 8 and it's associated products if they are viable replacements. Currently the only thing keeping me on iOS is a few exclusive apps I like. I agree that it will prove difficult to stray the mob away from apple though. One thing I despise about Apple products is that they are so locked down and limited; customization means a new wallpaper. If you want a functional iOS device, jailbreaking your device is completely necessary. iOS devices have very poor multitasking and feel dated and cheap. In my experience with the consumer preview, Windows 8 does not suffer from these same issues and I hope products running this OS earn a large share of the market.
  • DongDongWeng
    DongDongWeng Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wakeup guys, steve jobs is gone, the only reason apple sells is because of him, he was able to sell a crap OS as if it was the best...now hes gone, i dont think apple will sell as much of their overpriced products...
  • karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    If "lasts 12 minutes running all 600 of Windows' background/startup/bloat processes" is a problem, then yes.
  • Maxwell
    Maxwell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If they can put Windows on a tablet that will run for 10 hours... i'm interested.Until then, I'll stick with an iPad, it does everything what I need to do.