Here's a Glimpse of What Games Will Look Like on iPad 3's Retina Display

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHere's a Glimpse of What Games Will Look Like on iPad 3's Retina Display

The third generation iPad which will be unveiled at a media event next week is widely speculated to come with a high resolution Retina Display.

Kevin Ng - developer of iOS game - WordCrasher Blitz didn't want to wait for the official announcement. He has already created some graphics for his upcoming game - Food Run for iPad 3's  2048 x 1536 "Retina Display" resolution. He says he wanted to figure out what an iPad 3 Retina Display would mean for his upcoming iOS game.

He explains:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wilfred n Raffey
    Wilfred n Raffey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Been holding off from buying a iPad (owned every iPhone though) until now!Looking forward to the 7th but dreading the preorder rushTalked my girlfriend into letting me buy it so we can put our wedding photos on :-)
  • doh
    doh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So .. will they be making games where you will be able to zoom in during gameplay ? No, wont be changing my ipad2 since ipad3 wont bring anything "super" new, for example:- dont care about the picture taking quality since it looks stoopid seeing someone taking pics with ipad .. why do it when you have mobile phones or digital cameras ..- dont see a need for a better processor, will there be games expec. made for ipad3, since you wont be able to run them on ipad2 and iphone 4s??..
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Options
    current games will probably look worse unless there's some sort of upscale filteralso worred about the performance of 3d apps at that resolution.
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Not enough reason for me to upgrade, because when I look at the screen of my iPad 2; I look at it within a fair distance that makes seeing screen details reasonably clear, unlike with my iPhone 4S which I hold it usually closer to my face because of it's smaller screen and lightweight. The only reason I might become interested to get an iPad 3 are only if it will come with 1 Gb of internal RAM or a disk space of 128 Gb. I don't care about retina display and A6 chip.
  • Chevy
    Chevy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree, seems like the only difference is the retina display. I have the iPad 2 and was looking for major changes in the iPad 3
  • Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Options
    WE NEED MORE !!! ENLiGHTEN US WiTH MORE OF THE FEATURES. APPLE NEEDS TO STEP iT UP..JUST THiS.. iT WON'T BE ENOUGH TO PERSUADE ANYONE TO BUY iT !!!
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Options
    2D games will have 4 times higher processing load. But, 3D games such as racing games will be more critical. internally, it should support much higher work load to generate the graphic scene. It will consumming much power from battery. I am so interesting what will be a practical runtime with 3D games
  • Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Everything that could of been upgraded has been upgraded. What more change do you want?
  • Ryan Phan
    Ryan Phan Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nice reason man, nice reason lol
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Are you kidding if apple said the only diff. In iPad 3 was it smelled different! They would see a billion! Why cause your not cool unless you have the latest and greatest apple product!
  • Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Options
    YOU GOT A POiNT THERE..!! SOME PEOPLE GOT TO BE COOL!!... 24/7
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    They look really awesome, really very awesome
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I will be pre-ordering on Ipad 3 as soon as they open the online store. I love the retina screen of my iphone 4 and want the same clarity for my ipad 3. I will be giving the ipad 2 to my wife and I will get the 3.
  • TRINITI
    TRINITI Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Im getting the new iPad as for me it brings the lovely Retina Display that I love on the iPhone 4 and 4s In addition to that it has more ram! 1g of ram means more men for my apps. I compose music on my iPads so Its a Huge gain for me! SO YES ITS WORTH IT !! I WILL BE GETTTING THE NEW IPAD
  • TRINITI
    TRINITI Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ....I AM SOMEONE AND I AM BUYING IT EVEN IT THATS THE ONLY THING IT HAD WAS THE RETINA DISPLAY I WOULD STILL BUY IT.BUT IT HAS MORE RAM AND A LARGER GPU AND BETTER CAMERA!WELL FOR ME I AM A PROFESSIONAL VIDEO EDITOR, AUDIO ENGINEER, AND COMPOSER AND PRODUCER! SO THESE THINGS ARE HUGE FOR MY LINE OF WORK! FOR CONSUMERS WHO JUST DO BASIC THINGS ...THEY CANT SEE THE VALUE IN HAVING A BETTER CAMERA A RETINA DISPLAY ETC. PLUS FOR MOST CONSUMERS MONEY IS ALLWAYS THE ISSUE! I GUESS JUST CONSIDER SOME ANDROID OR OTHER TABLET OR JUST STICK TO THE IPAD 2. YOU WILL BE FINE! BUT NOT ME! I HAVE THE IPAD 1 AND 2 AND SOON I WILL HAVE THE IPAD 3 AND IF THEY MAKE AND IPAD 4 I WILL HAVE THAT ONE ALSO AND THE 6 AND THE 7 AND SO ON!