Apple Plans to Launch Subscription TV Service by Christmas?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Plans to Launch Subscription TV Service by Christmas?

There have been rumors that Apple is working with content providers to launch a subscription TV service.

New York Post reports that even though Apple is getting a lot of resistance from content providers, Apple plans to go ahead with its plan to launch the subscription TV service by Christmas this year.

New York Post reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• ereynell
    ereynell Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Allready watch NRK on the go on Iphone/Ipad. But have to use the harmony app to turn on the tv sett when I come home. But soon.... yeah..... soon....
  • kmanvan
    kmanvan Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    good luck with that.when dealing with content providers and cable companies, you are dealing with modern day dinosaurs. These guys would pull the entire world back into the stone age if it meant they could somehow make more money that way.
  • Nancy
    Nancy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Exactly. The pricing models are so screwed up it's not even funny. Until they come up with a reasonable one I will continue to pay $10/month to download all of my TV and movies in HD. TV is released within an hour of the show usually and movies are released weeks before the blurays come out. I'd prefer to pay them for the service, but they don't offer it.
  • Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Correction - I'd prefer to pay the content creators directly
  • good luck apple trying to get everything of your product
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That means it will be country specific!
  • Scarborough Michael
    via Wordpress
    The content providers are already losing revue and market share. A lot of shows are available without ads or minimal ads online a day after they're shown. Then there's the whole under ground bit torrrent thing with people stealing shows. The TV business is headed the way the music business was unless they can figure out a way to deliver their content in a way that's more appealing to consumers which means ala cart packages and watching when you want and where you want. Content providers are competing with hundreds of channels/shows as well as the internet. Only by embracing a new paradigm will they survive. They no longer have the monopoly of 3 local stations only. If they partner with Apple, they're going to get a large and loyal audience with proven buying history. It makes sense and someone will do it. It's just a matter of who is more forward thinking and who will try to entrench the hegemony.
  • If it's cheaper than my cable .... I'm in !!!!!!