Reports Claim New iPad Will be Called 'iPad HD', Not 'iPad 3'

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageReports Claim New iPad Will be Called 'iPad HD', Not 'iPad 3'

With less than 2 days to go for the media event where Apple is expected to unveil next generation iPad, the rumor mill is working overtime.

While it has been widely speculated that Apple's third generation iPad will carry the "iPad 3" moniker, alleged part listings from Griffin and Belkin late last week suggested that Apple may call their new iPad - iPad HD instead of iPad 3.

CNet and VentureBeat are both claiming that they've received similar information from their reliable sources.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
    You mean to tell me Angry Birds HD is NOT HD? (insert Jackie Chan meme)
  • Mr james
    Mr james Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Blah blah blah, rumors
  • Almost there
    Almost there Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i just can't wait for Wednesday to put all the rumors to rest and all the facts that will hopefully not be as disappointing as going iPhone 4 to the 4s
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    None of the upgrade matters if its not retina display.
  • Jo3Bingham
    Jo3Bingham Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Like the article stated, I have a hard time believing that Apple would name it iPad HD. That just doesn't fit with their naming scheme. It has nothing to do with apps having the 'HD' moniker on them. When the iPhone 4 was released with the higher resolution display they didn't name it iPhone 'HD', they named it iPhone 4. One could argue that the iPhone 4 included an upgrade to the physical appearance of the phone, and other internal upgrades, but then they would name it iPad 2S over iPad HD.Personally, I think, if they upgrade the screen (which is a unanimous agreeance), cameras, RAM, quad-core SoC, and battery (even though the battery life on the iPad to his amazing, a boost is always welcome) then it will receive the name iPad 3. However, if basically everything stays the same across the board, with the exception of the screen, then I can easily see them naming it iPad 2. I honestly don't care about a LTE chip because I live in the "boonies", we just got 3G in my area 2 years ago (a lot of areas around my town still don't even have 3G), and I don't see us getting LTE for a good 10 years. That's on AT&T, by the way.Okay, I'll shut up now. :P
  • Jo3Bingham
    Jo3Bingham Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    *battery life on the iPad 2 is amazing*see them naming it iPad 2SWow, I really need to spell-check when I type.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    The iPad after this will be called iPad HD 2!
  • WillyWonker
    WillyWonker Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    You are genius! Apple is looking for people like you.
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    iPad 2S? iPad 3? not so important.beside retina display if it have dual-core A5X chip instead of a quad-core A6 chip.then it atleast one step behind sumsong (the bigest competition..)and other last generation pads.so call it iPad 3, or iJobs... what's underneath the skin is much more important.
  • Jedapo
    Jedapo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    All a matter of opinion.... Had Iphone 4, got 4s. Far superior, Siri invaluable when in car and have to make notes as can do so verbally or dial for my handsfree. Also much faster processing speed, it's what is there behind the scenes in the new components that makes the difference, the 8mp camera is excellent for HD video and the connection to the internet much faster and more reliable. If Apple make similar improvements to the Ipad then I will be n the cue to update my Ipad 2.....
  • CRamos
    CRamos Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    so many time ago i said it will be ipad 2s. people that make rumor should be smarter. apple never will relase an ipad3 only a year after ipad2. it will be ipad 2s or ipad hd maybe (not probable ipad HD).so for shure tomorrow we will have ipad 2s.
  • Man on the moon
    Man on the moon Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Didn't they release the iPad 2 a year after the iPad?
  • Galaxy
    Galaxy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 'S' stand for SteveiPad 'J' stand for Job..