Apple Releases Apple TV Software Update 5.0; Brings All-New Icon-Centric User Interface to Apple TV

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Releases Apple TV Software Update 5.0; Brings All-New Icon-Centric User Interface to Apple TV 2

Hot on the heels of introducing the next generation Apple TV, Apple has released Apple TV software update 5.0 for the second generation Apple TV (and the third generation Apple TV should come pre-installed with it).

The Apple TV software update brings the all-new icon-centric user interface to the second generation Apple TV. It doesn't bring the capability to watch 1080p HD movies and TV shows as the hardware cannot support it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    Won't be updating mine with a jailbreak. Without icefilms and 1channel, my atv 2 would be a £99 paperweight! Netflix uk sucks, no new films on it and always get 'Netflix is unavailable'.
  • FredMC
    FredMC Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    I am not seeing a huge benefit of the new Apple TV over the 2nd gen. Will all the old movies and TV shows from iTunes be converted to 1080p? It doesn't sound like Bluetooth is going to be implemented either, and no word about converting Apple TV to iOS to directly run apps and stuff. No reason to upgrade, which I guess keeps me from getting angry for having an "old" model.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    How exactly you update?
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Anyone know how to get 4.4.4 back on the Apple TV2?This new interface in 5 is tacky, clunky and frankly useless crap, It adds no useful extra features, It's about time they made the TV Show listings hierarchic so i'm not scrolling down through 10 seasons of Smallville, 10 seasons of Stargate, 8 seasons of House etc. With 65 Shows and 3000 episodes it's a bloody pain in the arse!
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Been trying to get hold of another apple tv2 for a friend even apple store where i live has none in stock and now a new update has come probaly be on the new stock they get in.. Same as someone said on here without jailbreak it's a £99 paperweight
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Not to sure if you can downgrade but you need a 4.4.4 ipw file and a mini usb then put the hockey puck :) in dfu mode and hold shift key in itunes then hit restore, find the ipw file and try to restore.. I have not done this myself for a downgrade this is just info..
  • salbtj
    salbtj Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Well, this update by Apple keeps causing one major issue for me: My Wi-Fi configuration keeps getting lost. I have to reconfigure Wi-Fi every time I use my Apple TV 2. Very annoying
  • salbtj
    salbtj Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I really don't mind staying up to date with all the updates. It is inevitable and and we should report the issues directly to apple.