Redsn0w 0.9.10b6: Tethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 And iPod Touch 3G

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedsn0w 0.9.10b6: Tethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 And iPod Touch 3G / 4G Released

iPhone Dev team has just released a new version of Redsn0w to jailbreak iOS 5.1 that was released just few hours back.

Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 supports iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 and 3rd-generation iPod touch. It doesn't support iPhone 4S, iPad 2 or the new iPad (3rd generation iPad).

iPhone Dev team has provided the following details:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kyoura
    Kyoura Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Shut up and take my donation.
  • Gordii
    Gordii Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Ashame they cannot give the 4S any love since the battery issue has been fixed...
  • Sohail Choudhary
    Sohail Choudhary Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Since I have upgraded my 3gs i have been facing trouble...processings slow n abnormall SMS tone
  • Wiilt
    Wiilt Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    you just took two completely irrelevant things and made me want to smack you in one, incomplete sentence.
  • aaa
    aaa Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Wow, someone is already bitching about no jailbreak for A5, iOS 5.1!!!!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    That was so so quick.
  • Dibyajyoti Deb
    Dibyajyoti Deb Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Isn't this release available for the iPod Touch 4g?
  • Tiranous
    Tiranous Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    so if i update my ipod 4g i have to boot it every time it turns off from redsn0w?
  • Fred Dombrose
    Fred Dombrose Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    ' So if you've jailbroken your iOS device running on iOS 5.0.1, you are better off avoiding the iOS 5.1 software update, which doesn't include any major feature."But the iwork and iMovie updates and iPhoto need 5.1.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    so here’s what happened. yesterday i tried to restore my unlocked 3gs with custom 5.0.1 firmware i created with sn0wbreeze and at the verifying firmware with apple i got an unknown error (6). The phone is now stuck at restore mode. I tried to kick it out of restore mode using the restore fix in redsn0w without luck. i then tried to restore using the custom 5.1 firmware created with redsn0w that just been released. Itunes can’t get pass the verifying process after extracting the file and gives me unknown error (3194). Is there any help??? TIA
  • ashBEL
    ashBEL Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Try on a pc or mac that you never had your iphone conected be4
  • Ahsan musazai
    Ahsan musazai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi my dears can anybody show me the jailbreak method from zero step by step that what I need first to download.....I mean for iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1
  • iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    I do not what does not work ... in the end gives an error (
  • Narendra
    Narendra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi Team, Accidentally I updated my 3gs phone to ios5.1 and that broke my phone, it locked the phone. After going through this site I was able to downgrade the ios to 4.1 however the base band appears to be 06.15.00. I managed to jail break the phone but it is not getting unlocked.I tried installing ultrasn0w 1.2.5 form cydia but it is still not unlocking the phone, is there a way to fix this issue. Please suggest me.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Try to install the Ultrasn0w fixer to see if it fixes the issue. It is available in the http://repo.iparelhos.com repo (add it via the Sources tab).
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    I was wondering when you tethered jailbreak iPhone 4 can I still respring or that's is also rebooting which will require redsn0w boot only directly from computer. ? Please advice. Thanks
  • Braylon
    Braylon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Everytime I open it, it says "Incomplete iTunes libraries" and continues, "Certain operations (like the A5 jailbreak) are disabled due to incomplete iTunes libraries. Please be sure the latest iTunes is installed. Failed to load required function(s):CFPropertyListCreateDataCFPropertyList CreateWithData" Then I try to continue to jailbreak, but it can't read my phone and I end up having to restore it in iTunes because its in "recovery mode." My iTunes version is 10.6.1, the newest version. Please help!
  • gregthekid
    gregthekid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I jailbroke my iphone 4 (iOS 5.1) using redsnow and now it won't reboot. I know I have to use redsnow to reboot it and i did that the first time and it worked fine, but now when i try to reboot it, everything that has to do with the computer works fine, but then it gets stuck at the pineapple logo for a while (around 10 min). Eventually, my phone vibrates twice and the apple logo comes up and then it acts like i didn't boot it using redsnow.
  • Romy
    Romy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    The same thing happened to me, and I have no idea how to fix it. Help Please.
  • Grady
    Grady Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    WORKED PERFECTLY!!!! yay!! BUT PLEASE HELP ! semitether doesnt work and safari continually crashes :-(((((
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    and me... is there a fix ?
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Yep this works well with iphone 4 and ISO 5.1. only thing is the boot tethered is such a pain. Would love to see a fix for this so we can just power on. Great work folks my first JB and it went sweet. Nice clear instructions and redsn0w_win_0.9.10b8b worked well. cant wait to see some new stuff. An FWY for folks that want tv on comp or hdmi 3rd party cables dont buy the tv-out stuff iso 5.1 seems to have it locked somehow. Unless I am missing something then hit me up an msg reconf example ect. nice to meet you all hope we can help all others.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    I'm having the same problem did you find a fix?
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    Try booting with red snow again. Sometimes the cydia app won't open along with some stock apps such as Safari. Here's how you do it.1. Plug in your phone2. Open Redsnow3. Do the "Just boot" selection.It should work. This happened to me as well. Funny thing is that it happened right after I jailbroke it. But yeah, it should work.Good luck :)
  • SadGuy
    SadGuy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My 3gs is a mess. jailbrake state 5.0.1. reboot loop and when i tried to fresh restore using itune. ( 5.1 now ) . it cant . stuck on restoring iphone software and appear error (1).and now my iphone is consider as a brick iphone? i cant use it.software problem and how can i fix it back? any idea?
  • Sjoek
    Sjoek Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi,I Jailbreaked my Iphone 3GS on 5.1 (old bootroom).It all went great and I installed some apps like tomtom Europe.Now I wanted to test the tethered boot so I put it off.When i first put it back on, it didn't work (just normal function no cydia, didn't get in DFU right).So now it is in the right mode, Cydia works, **** works, but my TOMTOM is gone? have to install it back, what did i do wrong?Thanks already from Belgium
  • ann
    ann Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Help, please! Downloaded redsn0w today and it put my ipod touch 4G 5.1 in DFU mode. It is stuck there. Tried to restore and received a restore error message. Any suggestions?
  • Castro
    Castro Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Helloi did the jailbreak on iphone 4 ios 5.1 it some apps crash it a lot , then i decide to uninstall cydia by going to cydia install it now every time i jailbreak cydia is not showing up on my phone :((( help please ??? I need cydia again.
  • Lady from sydney
    Lady from sydney Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Will i be able to use the internet of an iphone4/ipad2 using a wifi if its imei blocked? Thanks.
  • HUNTER
    HUNTER Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    what do i click on to download