New iPad May Not Work on 4G LTE Networks Outside U.S. And Canada

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad May Not Work on 4G LTE Networks Outside U.S. And Canada

One of the major features of Apple's third generation iPad is support for the faster 4G LTE networks.

But if you've pre-ordered or planning the new iPad for the 4G LTE feature then it may be a good idea to check with the local carriers for compatibility first, as though you may get faster speeds it won't be anything close to the 4G speeds users will enjoy in the U.S and Canada.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    Australia only has 1800 MHz 4G on one network and won't have the 700 MHz band available until next year when analog TV will be switched off.
  • Lordkramuk
    Lordkramuk Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I think I remember when I bought my Ipad 2 from a three shop I was talking to 1 of the managers, and he said something about three will probably be the 1st to get 4g once capable devices are outThree will probably be the 1st anyway in the UK once ipad 3 hits
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    They should offered 3G models for cheaper.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Yes, True, It can not support LTE in the most of country.Specially, EU and Asia ..
  • jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress
    My company install and upgrade cellular network masts all over the uk for the major networks. I can tell you now categorically that only in recent weeks have they started to ask questions as to wether our current range of masts/ headframes can handle the extra weight that the replacement antennas will require. The good news is they can so will only have to wait untill the end of 2013 now lol
  • RiceCurry
    RiceCurry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    F USA & Canada! India is the most seller market out there today. Why isnt Apple focus on India? Stupid company.
  • Dude
    Dude Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    I don't think India uses the most smartphones/iphones. They have a larger population and probably more cell phone usage than usa. But I think USA have more smartphone/iphone users.
  • Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    You're wrong. Although we will get 700MHz in the future, but it won't be at least until 2015/6.After analogue TV will be switched off, there still needs to be a government auction for the frequencies, plus then the networks need to get approval to use it, then it needs to be tested fully.Of course, this is assuming all the networks actually buy some of the bandwidth.The way Vodafone is going, they won't have the money. They're still building their HSDPA network for god sake. I get 3.2KBPS down and 0.5KBPS with my SIM card where I live, and that's when it is on HSDPA, not plain 3G.
  • harlekkin
    harlekkin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It's not all bad news for Australia. Since Telstra offers DC-HSDPA (42Mbps), HSDPA+ (21Mbps) and LTE 1800, users will still be able to make use of the new speeds one way or another. In all honesty, currently the difference between downlink DC-HSDPA and LTE is minimal anyway, on average 15Mbps to 20Mpbs where I live. Uplink is a different story. I'm planning on sticking with Telstra for broadband, and switching my Mobile services from Vodafone to Telstra in the future. Bring it on.