Apple Pushing Back Originally Scheduled Delivery Dates For New iPad in UK

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Pushing Back Originally Scheduled Delivery Dates For New iPad in UK

We reported earlier today that some customers who had pre-ordered the new iPad had already started getting shipment notifications from Apple. 

But looks like everyone is not that lucky as some customers in the UK are reporting that they've received an email from Apple telling them that their orders have been delayed by several days.

MacRumors reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    My iPad just shipped to the uk. Let's hope I get it b4 the 16th ;).
  • Shawn Gray
    Shawn Gray Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Mine too :) arrival date stated as Tuesday 13th! Happy happy joy joy.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So basically US it the priority?
  • Eugene Niemand
    Eugene Niemand Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm in the UK and I also got an e-mail at 02:52am saying it is shipped and would deliver March 16. I really do hope I get it earlier
  • Enrique
    Enrique Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I am one of the unlucky ones in the UK. Ordered mine on Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon I received that email saying that the new delivery date was 21th March.
  • iceman
    iceman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Just received confirmation that my order has been shipped with an expected delivery date of the 13th of march... Does that mean it gets delivered as such!! i really hope so
  • Joe Blogs
    Joe Blogs Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I ordered mine the day after released (couldn't order on release day, store in UK was down, mixed with a bad internet connection!). I am now told it will arrive around the 4-5th of April!@Enrique You're unlucky, and I'm even more unlucky! I'd be glad to get it on the 21st actually!I hope that after March 16th they all suddenly start being delivered. They've sold out on the pre-orders, so surely they KNOW how many need to be delivered. Cmon Apple, whether you knew how many you'd sell; one thing was certain, the pre-orders. You could have planned ahead for the deliveries, couldn't they? Or are there only so many delivery trucks. Think I may have answered my own question!I think it's partially the demand, but also a marketing plot - and it's working! Apple made a statement of, "... off the charts". Sounds like something Tim Cook would say. he mentioned that phrase like 4-5 times in the keynote haha!Anyway, good luck with the deliveries people.
  • Joe Blogs
    Joe Blogs Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Did you get your iPad then? It's March 13th!