The New iPad Estimated to Have Bill of Materials Cost of $310

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageThe New iPad Estimated to Have Bill of Materials Cost of $310

Whenever Apple launches a new iOS device, it is always interesting to find out what's the bill of materials cost of Apple's new device. We typically have to wait for a detailed teardown analysis for it. But this time, UBM TechInsights has gone ahead and published an estimated bill of materials cost for the new iPad.

Read the full story here

Comments

... Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    This is the best way to make money. :D
  • Utente-a-caso
    Utente-a-caso Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I guess, however, that if Apple is expected to sell more and more iPads, the scale economies will be much bigger than before, and thus reduce costs dramatically.Development costs are probably smaller this turn too, as iOS is now "mature" and the hardware hasn't changed dramatically since the iPad 2. For example, they share the same design, which means lower costs for designing it and building machinery, and increased scale economies.
  • brent
    brent Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    They are still paying the same army of workers the same amount so the cost of software development has not been reduced, most likely it has increased to support demand for new apps. (if you judge things by the job postings and the amount of buildings that apple has been gobbling up for workers to reside in since 2007).I am a software developer for a company that sells hardware and everyone always forgets about the software cost. Everyone wants more/new things for free.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    I think Apple uses a Ton of money on R&D
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Exactly the point, this $310 is very misleading figure.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    There is no way in hell that the ipad materials only wnet down 30$ after a whole year...Other than that, thx for the very interesting data
  • Orgil
    Orgil Posts: 12
    via Wordpress