The New iPad Battery Has 70% More Capacity Than iPad 2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageThe New iPad Battery Has 70% More Capacity Than iPad 2

Apple's new iPad includes a number of new features and improvements such as the gorgeous Retina Display, faster dual-core A5X chip with quad-core graphics, a vastly improved 5-megapixel iSight rear camera and support for faster 4G LTE networks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    So with 4g off.... battery life is monstrous? Or is the Retina display that much more of a beast eating up battery power as well.. I am guessing its the display crunching the battery.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Apple didn't need to bump up the battery specs when it introduced the Retina Display in iPhone 4. But the faster dual core A5X with quad-core graphics probably has some impact.
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    So to be clear is the battery life longer for someone that is only in a 3G area over some one that is going in and out of 4G all day?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    That's an interesting point. Probably, but guess we may have to wait for the tests to confirm it.
  • lili
    lili Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    So this article is just words... since anyway it may not be the 4G that drains the battery...
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Duh?? It is a well known fact that battery life of 4G smartphones suck. While there are other factors that could contribute to battery drain, 4G is a major contributing factor, which is why almost doubling battery capacity is quite revolutionary.
  • Maxtor182
    Maxtor182 Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    Yes, it is longer on 3G. Tim Cook said it has 9 hours on 4G but u can turn off 4G and get longer life
  • lili
    lili Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Maybe. But if so, that means that the ipad 3 wifi has enormous battery life. Is that the case?
  • tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    9 hours with cellular data surfing and 10 with wi-fi, the difference is only one hour. So +70% battery is mainly consumed not by the LTE.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    I agree, I think, the back light is the first power consuming, and A5x use much more power (not less) than before
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    My money is on the second back light bar needing that extra juice to keep 10 hours....The iPhone 4 did not require a second light bar... hence didn't need a battery overhaul...When in class, and my battery on my iPad is getting low, one app I had could tell me estimated time till battery death. with the screen at full brightness it may say 15 minutes, but if I dropped brightness all the way down, that may have jumped up to as much as an hour. Enough sometimes to get me through to the end of class. So yea .. much of the juice goes into those displays.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    So is Retina the reason for poor battery life of iPhone?
  • orgil220
    orgil220 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If 4G LTE alone drains or requires that much power, what happens to the wi-fi editions, wouldn't lack of 4G make them last twice or three times longer?
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Great point.. If 4G LTE is to blame, then the wifi only iPad should have significantly better battery life.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    WIFI only, 10hr, 4G only, 9hr... the difference is 1hr only. it is not easy to say 4G makes a power hungry. 70% ... it means, Display (back light) and Process (maybe much more power to utilize high resolution display)... it will makes a big power drain.. It is just for the web, If running full 3D graphic apps, it will activate full process power and 4 graphic units... If I receive the device,, I wish to test this first...
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    They did the right thing waiting for the better 4G chips! Now the i4S will still be a good fone in 3 years and the next iPhone will have 4G without the drain