New iPad - World's First Tablet to Support Bluetooth 4.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad - World's First Tablet to Support Bluetooth 4.0

Apple is slowly extending support for Bluetooth 4.0 throughout its entire family of products.

The company's first Bluetooth 4.0 products were the MacBook Air and Mac Mini, which were introduced in July last year. The iPhone 4S, introduced in October last year, was the first smartphone to support the new wireless standard, and with the new iPad, Apple brings the same, low power, high speed Bluetooth standard to its tablet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Apple are infamous for not allowing file transfer between Bluetooth; even between it's own devices!! So how this is a beneficial selling point... I don't know
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    LMAO!! i agree completely!! pure useless!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    Yes, that's because Apple wants to keep the whole metaphor of files abstracted away from the user. However frustrating that might be (it is, very!) Apple sticks to that philosophy, which is why you won't see a file explorer on iOS devices, dropbox-like filesharing via iCloud and bluetooth file transfers. What we're talking about here is the ecosystem of connected (Apple and non-Apple) devices which would receive a much needed boost, thanks to BT 4.0. The standard is so low power that you won't have to change battery for 5-7 months, if not years. How awesome would that be for wireless mice, keyboards and headphones. Agreed, it'll be pretty good if Apple does provide support for file transfers, but hey, that's what the jailbreak community is there for!
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for that, makes sence, iv read that apple did fight to alow BT transfer but didnt win.. such a shame.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    surely, BT4.0 is very useful for the various applications.but, in iOS device, it is useless, it only support Audio Profile or simple Profile exchange only. It is why it is not noticeable news at this time.
  • apple tv
    apple tv Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I love the blinds are high-resolution picture and is accompanied by bluetooth 4.0
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Hey well if it's been provided now to allow longer life for batteries and mice on BT devices it's a pro after all. Completely agree about the JB Community. I don't know where I'd be without some of the apps and tweaks those guys come up with
  • TripleAAA
    TripleAAA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It's useful for my 4s. I leave it on all the time and the battery is still tremendous.
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    These days, the name field of a comment adds context to the actual comment :P
  • TripleAAA
    TripleAAA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Haha..didn't notice that. But comment still stands. Burning 1% battery an hour isn't too bad.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    But what is the use>? no file transfer>