Pod2G Actively Working On Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePod2G Actively Working On Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1

iPhone Dev team and iH8sn0w have already released Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze that supports a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1.

If you are wondering what's the update on the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 and support for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 then the latest update is that pod2G who was part of the Jailbreak Dream team that brought us Absinthe jailbreak - the untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for A5 powered iOS devices is working hard on it. He just tweeted:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    i see no reason to update i think the update just a lie any ways good job i can do with out the 4g sign lol
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Wow! That guy is my Hero...! (Talking About Jailbreak)
  • nycks1
    nycks1 Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Please don't give us a play by play, that's when everyone gets pissed and start calling u name. Just break it and put it out. Lots of people are pissed that Pod2g ask for a donations, by right he should cause we do get the jailbreak for free. If I was Pod2g which i'm not I would charge for the jailbreak if u guys want to talk **** about how long it's taken. We will get it when we get it!. Pod2g do ur thing, i'm good with the 5.0.1 JB so it's not rush for me. So Pod2g have a great day and get to Jailbreaking.
  • Grave
    Grave Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    What about the UNLOCK ffs...no one is talking about it... 4s still nothing!!!
  • Wite Boy
    Wite Boy Posts: 77
    via Wordpress
    there's no reason you weirdo
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Buy an unlocked one....... thats it.....
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    there is a 4s bug that unlocks GMA 4s's, i posted it on here but admin hasnt posted it, few ppl say this works.http : //www . youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gmDxXRXBBU4remove the spaces.
  • Hmmm
    via Wordpress
    Here’s how to do it:Step 1: Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card (or a supported SIM card. International users should use their corresponding carriers for this guide. However, ONLY the specified method here is known working).Step 2: Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the callStep 3: Turn on Airplane ModeStep 4: Take out your AT&T SIM cardStep 5: Insert T-Mobile SIM cardStep 6: Make sure WiFi is switched off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later to your usual one)Step 7: Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.Step 8: Activation Required will now be displayed on the screenStep 9: The EDGE network will activate automatically – notice that the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen will appearStep 10: Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off your phoneStep 11: Turn on your iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed againStep 12: When you see the one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular ConnectionStep 12: Eject your SIM cardStep 13: Activation Required screen will be displayedthe second timeStep 14: Insert SIM card again. If you don’t see T-Mobile as activated in the top corner, repeat steps 12-14.Step 15: Congratulations, your iPhone 4S should now be unlocked!Now, as we haven’t tested this personally, we look forward to hearing your feedback in the comments, so let us know! Also, let us know if you’re using an iPhone in the US or abroad.
  • Hmmm
    via Wordpress
    that was posted on a hackintosh forum.
  • Wan
    Wan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Go buy gevey..The new version can unlock ip4s..
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Go for it guys, perhaps one day Apple will realise its just not worth the fight and let us use the phone as we want.Well Done and Carry OnSteve
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    My jb iP4S and I are staying clear of iOS 5.1. The update's offerings is paltry at best imo. I donated toward the current jb, and will definitely denote again toward the new efforts.
  • Retribution1888
    Retribution1888 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    My iPhone 4s was unlocked by my network for £15.32 and was completed within 30 hrsSo any firmware upgrades won't alter the unlock as it was done through the apple serversMaybe just a u.k deal with unlocking, but I only had my phone 2 weeks out of my 2yr contract before requesting the unlock, I just told them I needed to unlock it so I can travel with my phone in Europe and don't want roaming charges and will use local sim card!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Lets see who gets it first.
  • Jap
    Jap Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    he asked for donations so he could buy a 4S so he could work on it for all the people who wanted a 4S jb (why should he buy a 4S when he has a 4?)they dont charge for jb's because there could be legal implications to sell software that does things to other peoples software/hardware, and if you mess up your phone you cannot blame the jb'ers
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    I would avoid paying for any apps on Cydia until a JB is found. No way to guarantee continued availability of the Cydia apps otherwise.There is no incentive for Apple to change their policies. In fact get have good reason to stop JB: money. They need all apps going through the official app store. An unlock isn't going to happen. Also, just to clarify for those waiting for an unlock, in case it's not clear: no.
  • Ttttt
    Ttttt Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I agree with you. I bought safari download long time ago. The app is only works on 4.x and emailed the dev, no response for support of upcoming os. Not paying a penny for any jb apps if they are not committed to upgrade their app.
  • Iappreciate = gay.
    via Wordpress
    I think apple will need to reimplement the thought process due to the dream tream. 5x is out now, babies. Everything we thought we knew is out the window. Once push comes to shove, where will musclenerd be then? A6 perhaps?Gorspat
  • Paco polo
    Paco polo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    No but the new update really save u a lot of battery life. I tried it and it really worked. And if u don't like it u can downgrade it back to iOS 5.1.0
  • zim suhaili
    zim suhaili Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    hy,how to downgrade to 5.0.1??