iPhone Daylight Savings Time Bug Strikes Again

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Daylight Savings Time Bug Strikes Again

The Day Light Savings (DST) started in the US few hours back when the clocks moved forward from 1:59 am to 3:00 am.

However, some iPhone users are reporting all sorts of problems with the DST changes. 

TUAW reports:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jacky
    Jacky Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Lol just fire the guy who do the time app, it's been 2 years or so and they still haven't fixed it. lame.
  • Troy
    Troy Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've had every generation of iPhone and here in AZ where we don't observe daylight savings time, the phones always move an hour. It's correctable by just setting the phone to manual then back to automatic which is probably why it hasn't been a priority to fix, but still annoying!
  • Jailbreaker
    Jailbreaker Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I always set my alarm for 6 am. This morning the alarm went off at 5 am! wtf! Btw, I live in Florida.
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My phone alarm when off at 5am Sunday which was the proper time. But after that everytime I would unlock the phone it would jump back an hour. Very strange.
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPhone did fine on Sunday but reset monday morning making me late for work
  • Drod
    Drod Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iPhone did the same thing ....was correct on Sunday -- sprung forward 1 hour but sometime Sunday night changed back 1 hour and caused the alarm to go off 1 hour late Monday morning!!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How dies it happen so many times?
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It doesn't happen, we've addressed the issue. People are probably lonely or confused.
  • marduk191
    marduk191 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Mine worked fine on my Ipod Touch 4g 5.0.1. Hrm. Matter of fact I've never had the problem on any of the IPT on whatever firmware was around at DST time. I can't vouch for any other products as I use android for Tablets and phones.
  • Drod
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My husband has the same phone/ same carrier and the phone sits 5 feet apart on the dresser was fine- updated Sunday to the correct time and had no issues on Monday???
  • Lahey
    via Wordpress
    Options
    See explanation above.
  • Lucky
    Lucky Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had the time zone automatic OFF and it made the change correctly.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    Options
    iPhone 4 running 5.1. No problems.
  • Susan
    Susan Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My iphone was correct on Sunday but the alarms on my phone and my husband's were turned off for the weekdays. We were both late for work today.
  • Drod
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It did happen and I'm not lonely or confused....my husband and I have the exact same phone - both our phones updated fine on Sunday but on Monday morning my phone had reset and was reading an hour earlier -- my phone said 4:30 when it was really 5:30am and we were an hour late this morning....about 7am it reset and added that hour back!
  • Kiyan
    Kiyan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    haha.. just go with it, have an extra hour in bed and blame it on your phone to the boss.. simples..
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm on my 3G and 4 it had the problem of not setting off the alarm during DST and New Years. So far with 4S everything has been working.
  • KevinK
    KevinK Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    haha...everybody complaining that they're late to work...then they get to work and complain on this site. I want that job.. plenty of play time
  • CJ
    CJ Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think apple does this to try to force people to update and lose jailbreak
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I had the issue hit my Iphone 4s this morning, so its not just the older ios afected.I'm in california (my location often gets set to Cupertino (CA) for time zone. But this morning it was set to Anchorage, Alaska and thus the time on iphone was wrong (and I was an hour late to work).Switching to manual in settings does set it back to San Jose, but when I put back to automatic it goes back to Anchorage. I saw suggestion to turn airplane mode on then off which forces new celular connection and that did the trick..it set timezone location back to cupertino,CA with correct time.I agree, 2 years is too long for a bug. Pls fix before March 2014.
  • Lahey
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Make an Apple store appointment.
  • jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Mine did it Sunday by insisting that I was in Denver instead of Chicago. I could manually change to Chicago and it was fine, but as soon as I let it pick the time zone, it jumped back to Denver. The only thing that fixed it was rebooting the phone. When it rebooted, it correctly picked Chicago. I did not try airplane mode.
  • Stephanie Hudson
    Stephanie Hudson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apple isn't gonna fix crap...they never have, nor never will...As soon as it hit midnight on 3/11 my phone's time was pushed forward 2 hours. I live in AZ, by the way, so I don't observe DST.Anyway...this happened to me last year so I tried the work around that everyone was suggesting online just like i did last year...going in and enabling/disabling the "set automatic" (timezones) setting...only this time it didn't work like it did last year. And yes, I am on the most recent software available (version 5.1).The issue that I'm getting is that when I go into Settings --> General --> Date & Time...I turn the "Set Automatically" button to ON. Now, sometimes it will tell me I'm in Cupertino, CA and sometimes it will tell me I'm in Denver, CO...I don't know why it does that because I do have my location services turned ON so it should realize that I'm in AZ but it doesn't.Anyway, the reason why I said that Apple won't do anything is because I've already tried. All they told me was to keep the "Set Automatically" feature off and to make sure that I just set my clock manually...VERY inconvenient as I do travel a lot. It's not fair that they CHOOSE not to fix the issue (or my phone) but to just give me a work around because the people at Apple are too lazy to do anything about it.HOW many years has this been happening??? WHAT the F***K is the issue Apple??? REALLY!!!! I didn't pay this much money for a phone that can't simply change when it's supposed to for DST.
  • Stephanie H
    Stephanie H Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oh, yeah...and I did try the whole "Switching the phone to Airplane Mode" along with turing the phone off then back on...Still having the Cupertino/Denver issue...It's complete b/s...
  • dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress
    Options
    In IOS 5.1, "setting the phone to manual then back to automatic" doesn't work. Keeps setting time to "Denver" which is on Mountain Saving Time. Need to keep on manual which is just way too 20th Century!!
  • darbu00
    darbu00 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm in Phoenix. My phone incorrectly jumped ahead one hour on Sunday morning and every time I turned the time setting back to Automatic it went right back to Denver time. It was not until Monday (when I left my house for the first time since the DST change) that it finally updated to the correct time and it also put me into Cupertino timezone. I suspect changing cell towers may have triggered this but, of course, don't know for certain. Of course, both timezones are incorrect for me as Denver is currently observing Mountain Daylight Time and Cupertino is on Pacific Daylight Time while most of Arizona ALWAYS observes Mountain Standard Time (the Navajo Nation in both Arizona and New Mexico does observe daylight time that is why I say most of Arizona). I didn't specifically look but I do not recall my Macbook Pro, which is also set to Automatic, having any issues. Apple really should be embarrassed by this.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Interestingly, I had it hit yesterday afternoon -- the 24th. The daylight savings switch worked fine up til then. I'm in Mountain time and around noon time advanced an hour to Central time. Turned off Set Automatically and it went back to Denver. Restarted phone, tuned on Set Automatically, and it goes to Chicago again.
  • Eric Franke
    Eric Franke Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Resetting the phone, then setting the Automatic to manual gets the proper time, yes. But when moving it to automatic again jumps the clock 2 hours back again. So it is not solved. Funny enough the Clock application always shows the right time, and not the internal apple time. Unfortunately the alarm clock looks at Apple time. What is the fix now??
  • John Hancock
    John Hancock Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Here in Sydney we just went OFF DST (April 1). Here's weird, the "Sydney", "Canberra" and "Melbourne" clocks in the "World Clock" screen all showed the right time -- one hour back. But the little time thing at the top of the iPhone frame showed the wrong (DST) time. The phone knew what time it was in Sydney; it just didn't know that Sydney is where it was at the time. So I did the manual change (Turn off "auto" and reboot) -- and now the little frame clock was OK, but the "Sydney" world clock was an hour ahead. I finally gave up and just set the whole thing manually. Not impressed, but very amused.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Check your time settings, I did some traveling and my time zone was set to Jakarta, after I fixed that problem solved.