New iPad Benchmarks Reveals it is as Fast As iPad 2 With 1GHz Processor, Has 1GB RAM

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad Benchmarks Reveals it is as Fast As iPad 2 With 1GHz Processor, Has 1GB RAM

After publishing the first unboxing photos and video of the new iPad, Vietnamese site – Tinhe.vn has posted results of the benchmarking tests carried out on the new iPad.

The benchmark results reveal some interesting details about the third generation iPad.

1. The new iPad receives a Geekbench score of 756, which suggests that it is only as fast as the iPad 2 (Geekbench Score for iPad 2).

Read the full story here

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    What's the score of iPad 2?
  • walled
    walled Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    aw! i will stick to my ipad 2.. apple wants to earn money on reserving upgrades for future products :D
  • dman
    dman Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Typical Apple update.
  • kk305
    kk305 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Did you not see the link in the article?
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    yes...... was too quick in reading it! Thanks!
  • Pacomac
    Pacomac Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    People wanted a Retina display, but unfortunately that eats performance since it's throwing around 4x the pixels. I personally would rather have had the same resolution and 4x the GPU performance.The downside for me is that they haven't increased the CPU clock a little, as programs still need to create 4x the data before the GPU gets hold of it...
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    I agree, some native resolution software will got some performance trouble especially video player for the non-mp4 stream.
  • mkimid
    via Wordpress
    Unbalanced upgrade, very high level display with low end processor. Graphics core also, they should applied 6 serise core instead of 5 series
  • Wedding Cake Topper Guy
    via Wordpress
    The A5X CPU may still be dual core like the A5, but the GPU of the A5X is apparently quad core, whereas the A5 GPU was dual core. I believe this is where the performance edge will go to the iPad 3. The benchmarks listed here seem to test only the CPU performance, and the GPU has a lot to do with pushing the additional resolution of the new iPad. source
  • paris paraskevas
    paris paraskevas Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    "Unbalanced upgrade, very high level display with low end processor." you have to be kidding me right? are there any tablet devices out three that outperform the iPad 2 or the new iPad? i guess not! however i am sure you will find tablets with quad core processor! the mere spec of the device and the actual performance it can deliver is not a hardware only thing! its a matter of both software and hardware. and a faster processor might have eaten battery which is something we don't want!perfect delivery from apple, retina will be killer on the iPad! cancantt wait to get my hands on one! I am sure that i would not rush to buy one if processor was faster! i hell am rushing to get my hands one fro the retina display alone!!!
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    If you're going to take the time to comment, you might well just answer the question . It does not hurt to be friendly imo. ;)
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Hahahaha its ironically funny reading the title. A new product that is "as fast as" an old one. Just another reason why I won't be upgrading
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    THIS! I can't agree more. So many people out there don't know what their talking about. They believe themselves tech-savy yet they have no clue how things work, they learned to read specs and think it's all that matters. When it's as you mentioned software as well as hardware that matters. The software needs to use the hardware efficiently to make a real difference. Exactly why android phones/tablets require quad-core processors to get ahead because one OS can't possibly be as optimized for use on such a variety of different pieces hardware.I can't wait for my iPad to arrive on Friday. :)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Its not the results, its how you feel when you use it.
  • mkimid
    via Wordpress
    Actually, Quad core is not a good way to in crease the performance. Most of thread will waste of processing resource. I believe even the apps hard to support all dual core resource now. I do not want to they use the quad or more core, I just feel it is for the marketing purpose only. But, I believe that the higher clock speed and various control is absolutely required for fully utilizing the benefit of retina display. iPad 2, it can play well MP4 and some AVC codec with the other container format. but, mostly it can not the sue to the processig power. Even some 720p also. Actually, Apple start to sell 1080p video but there are so much sacrification of 1080p's full quality. And lower average bit stream rate due to the limit of processing power even it can supported by hardware to decoding.
  • mkimid
    via Wordpress
    I am not saying new iPad has lower powerful than the other. I am concerning the process power is not enough to use the full advantage of retina display. Maybe most of user use the picture and simple graphic or video. They not feel this is not an issues. I have experienced some games are slow down with many number sprit or units in graphics in iPad 2 also. Higher resoultion of graphic will increase the work load, and it will makes worst than before.I agree about A5 is very powerful but I think it is not enough. At least, I expect they increase the clock speed (or adaptive or various clocking).But, I am so disappointed about this configutation and I am waiting the new iPad to resale to the other or considering to cancel..
  • teenbot
    teenbot Posts: 42
    via Wordpress
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    I am aware of how quad-core and dual-core is mostly a waste due to most developers not taking full advantage of them but if you do compare devices with quad-core vs dual-core you will see slightly better performance speed wise on the quad-core side. I definitely do believe quad-core is pointless at the moment for tablets unless the user plans to do some encoding on their tablet which I don't think anyone does or plans on doing any heavy audio or video editing on their iPads. I see your point though about increasing clock speed in regard to trying to play video in other codecs but that would result in more battery consumption and less stability. Apple is not the type of company to make those kinds of sacrifices, nor do I believe they should. Apple is also at the same time trying to keep the prices of their iPad line up the same so putting in another more powerful processor would also be out of the question without sacrificing profits. As for the gaming the GPU now is quad-core so the performance of animations and sprites in games should improve if developers update their games and optimize them for the new iPad.
  • BigBossSnake
    BigBossSnake Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    But also means that it wont run as smooth in the future when there are heavy processing apps. Look at what happened to the 1st iPad, it can't run most of the new apps in the market anymore.
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    No need to upgrade...
  • Texas
    Texas Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I like to think positive. The positive take away from this "upgrade" is at least the IPAD 2 will have a longer shelf life than IPAD 1. I really want the new display but I think it would be wise to skip this round if you have an iPad 2.
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    Just have to say I am happy iPad 3 is out, that makes iPad 2 a lot more affordable.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    not at all, i sold my ipad 2 this week at 385 while I bought it at 479 at launch a whole year ago....I dont mind to exploit using a product multiple hours everyday, and upgrade to a great screen after a year just for something less than a 100
  • owen
    owen Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    In this case, i'm gonna buy ipad 2 for my first tablet, cheaper price, yet u get the exact same speed...
  • iMan
    iMan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i agree they could have the ipad more powerful as it looks it's needed somehow..but the point is such devices are'nt supposed just to be played! with. Many, like me would w8 till this amazing screen-resolution came out, no doubt that it'll be as smooth as other ipads were before, but MORE REALISTIC! why don't u guys zoom on the bright side? it's the screen wich talks to u wen ur using the device, then it's as important as the processor!!i got one :D