First Screenshots And Photos From The New iPad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFirst Screenshots And Photos From The New iPad

Yesterday, folks at Vietnamese site - Tinhte.vn who have managed to get the third generation iPad ahead of the launch date had posted the first unboxing photos and video of the new iPad along with the Geekbench benchmark scores.

They have now posted some screenshots of some of the native apps such as iPhoto etc. that support the new iPad's Retina Display.

As MacRumors points out, the size of the screenshots appears to 2.5 to 3 times the size of files taken with iPad 2.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    the photos are a little disappointing compared to the other forum page indicating photos from the new iPad. These ones appear a bit fuzzy and soft; especially near the top half of both photos. I know they probably went with the 5 mp vs the 8 mp of the iPhone to save money, but I do however find it slightly disappointing. Oh well ... its an iPad .. to a camera right?
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    errr lasst line should read "not a camera right?"
  • idava
    idava Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    looks like there's no difference between my ipad2 and new ipad lol
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    It's good to see pics that are more like want we would take unlike the ones apple posts that are the best of many taken by a highly paid professional
  • Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    Apple are probably saving the 8mp for the New iPad S or 2 or whatever the next version will be. The photos look similar to pics taken with an iPhone 4. It's definitely an improvement on the iPad 2 though.
  • jasklfjla
    jasklfjla Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Err
    Err Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I think the last line should read "Oh well, its an iPad left, a camera right
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    What can you expect with 5 megapixel?
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Back when 8mp SLRs were top of the consumer line (non-pro) nikon and canon were just starting to push 10 mp as semi-pro .. in the $1400-$1600 range. During this time one of them, i forget which made a 5mp SLR, I want to say nikon, but this was like 6 to 8 years ago... going off memory... Anyhow ... the mp camera had a cmos sensor that was almost the same size as standard 35mm film. This compared to standard CMOS sensors a third that size, and CMOS sensors in compact camera that are only a couple centimeters at best. The result was incredible photographs at half the mp. Having a larger CMOS meant being able to capture more light over a larger area, hence better pictures. Megapixels in Camera terms truly is relative to light capturing capabilities. A 8mp SLR will outshoot a 14mp compact camera anyway. My 8mp minolta SLR now 8 years old still produces much better pics than my "newer" 12 mp compact camera. if the iPads 5mp cmos was larger than the iPhones 8mp cmos you could expect comparable results. the iPad had room to do it, i was sorta hoping they would have.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Hmm just noticed the find friends icon ... whats that about?
  • Macdady
    Macdady Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    its an app for ipod iphone and apad it lets you find friends haha its ismple only freinds with and ios device
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    interesting .... guess txting them saying where you at is too hard :PGreat though if your GF is a cheating **** :P
  • TripleAAA
    TripleAAA Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    All that space between the icons, what a waste of real estate!! Why do they still insist on the 4x4 format? I have 7x6 on my 4s, everything I need on one page, plus 8 more icons on my dock.