PSA: New iPad's Battery Will Take Longer to Charge

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePSA: New iPad's Battery Will Take Longer to Charge

We had noted that one of the revolutionary features of the new iPad is its battery, which has 70% more capacity than iPad 2.

The new iPad comes with a built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, compared to iPad's 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. This boosts the battery from 6944 mAh to a monstrous 11,666 mAh if measured in milliamps. It works out to a whopping 70% increase in the capacity of the battery.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, that kinda sucks but maybe it won't beA big deal if the charge lasts all day. Like heSays, it can be charged over night like I do The phone, well , correction, the 4S has to Get charged over night but also for a few minutes during the day. Hopefully this new Battery tech will help out the next phone especially if it's gonna have the real 4G because this 4S sucks, wether its the iOS or phone.
  • Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress
    wow. a bigger battery requires more charge time ??? who'd a thunk ???? geez......post something newsworthy
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    There's always Android or Blackberry. Stop b*tchings. My 4S battery lasts almost 2 days between charges and if you own an ipad, you can charge it with the ipad charger from 5% to full in under 1.5 hours.
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    I guess Apple didn't also include a higher amperage charger. Ah well, overnight charging it is!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Around 8 hours from 0 is surely the charge time.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    They need a better charger, this will take 8 hours for charge from 0 - 100%
  • Hiddenvalley
    Hiddenvalley Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    I want to return my new iPad now!!! Omg omg omg omg....!?!?!
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    I'll be sure to pick up an extra charger.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    ****problem solved*****BUY This***** 80$ on amazonhttp://www.isound.net/i-sound-portable-power-16000-mah.htmlthe following is a quote from the sound web sight"Back up battery for the iPad, iPod, iPhone and other USB powered devicesWith up to 480 hours of power, the Portable Power Max is the only back up battery for the iPad, iPod, iPhone and other portable devices you will ever need. With its compact design and powerful 16,000 mAh battery, you can talk more, listen to more music and view videos longer. The 5 USB ports allow you to charge and power most USB powered devices, and the included USB to mini/micro USB cable means you don't have to carry one for each device. LED status indicators let you know how much charge power is remaining and the built-in flashlight will help you connect in the dark.FEATURES:• Battery with 16000 mAh• Includes 5 USB ports for charging iPods, iPhones, iPads and any other USB powered device• LED indicator for charging status• Power button and indicator• 100 / 240V AC adapter included• Built-in flashlight• Includes USB charging adapter for Blackberry phones."
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Assuming you hardly use your iP4S. My jb iP4S barely through 12hrs on moderate to heavy use. Lucky you.