New iPad (iOS 5.1) Jailbreak Status Update: Dev Team Has Some Good News

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew iPad (iOS 5.1) Jailbreak Status Update: Dev Team Has Some Good News

Hot on the heels of news that iPad 2 running iOS 5.1 has been successfully jailbroken by i0n1c, iPhone Dev team has come out with more encouraging news regarding the new iPad and iOS 5.1 jailbreak.

They've provided the following details on their blog:

There are a few bits of good news already.

Read the full story here

Comments

• First
    First Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for the good news!I hope it doesn't take forever to get the new jailbreak release ;-)Kudos to all those involved!
  • maxhd
    maxhd Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    hope it'll work also on the new ipad too! :)
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Great news imo. Keep up the good work, guys. ;)
  • Sunit
    Sunit Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Good work people!Lets hope all 3 different angles work successful, and that it does not take too long for a final untethered jb.The idea of a totally new method of jailbreaking sounds promising :)
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Oh so good but I hope it's gonna be better then the 5 exploites before the 4S came out.
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Well said, I totally agree. ;)
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Really quick there the DEv Team.
  • steven chow
    steven chow Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Has anyone use the gevey sim ultra soft iPhone 4s yet? Reviews?
  • zelahit
    zelahit Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    yes, i used the r-sim it works fine
  • Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Can't wait for the 5.1 jb but for now I'll stick with 5.01 on iPad 2. =) I wonder how long it will take to hack the modified A5 (A5X). Thanks for working so hard JB community. :D
  • RiCo
    RiCo Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    I have an Ipad2 running on 4.3.3. How can I update to 5.0.1? I've tried through Itunes, holding shift and restore, but get an error 3194. Tried many different suggestions but no success yet!!
  • Nm
    Nm Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Too late now. You will have to wait for 5.1 jailbreak
  • josiebuck11@gmail.com
    via Wordpress
    Can you please tell me if they came out with a jail breaking program which will not remove all files you make on your iphone4s / iPad 2 ( files which hold games, etc... Thanks josie
  • بدر بن تركي
    via Wordpress
    شكرا لك لهذا الخبر الرائع theanks for the news .....
  • Floyd
    Floyd Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Do you think the Corona tweak will work either way for iOS 5.1 on a 4g itouch? And by the way dev-team. And multiple angles. Thank you for you're mass productivity with the jailbreaks you've so proudly provided for us. I'm truly grateful for you're work. Ever since I jail broke my first iPod I thank the dev-team for inspiring the will within me to want to be just like you guys. And I'm pretty sure once apple comes out with a holographic iPod, iPad, apple tv, or anything with a apple logo. You guys will be the first to jump at the task of unlocking the potential of future technology, which I know will become a reality one day because technology is bound to hit its limit in inferiority and someone will take action and call for modernization. So once again I truly appreciate the hard laborious work you guys put into our lives. And finally even though I have no knowledge of who you hard working men/women are. I Thank You To the fullest extent one being can offer. By the way. This is kinda cheesy xD
  • zeq
    zeq Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Remember, when the JB comes out, donate!!!...no just only thank you...
  • koprivaqi
    koprivaqi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I completely agree with, they are the leading edge of a donation if they come with a jailbreak to 5.1 for ipad 2!
  • Code Phox
    Code Phox Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    So, I have a jailbroken 5.01.. I would like it to get to an iOS of 5.1 so it can be recognized by my itunes, do I have to wait for a new jailbrake or something?
  • Max_iphone
    Max_iphone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    First of all HATTS OFF to you all guyz for all the hardwork!!I am a new bee to Iphones, jailbreaking and other stuff..... Got my first iphone just few days back and stuck with a stupid problem and was hunting aorund over internet to find a a solution and got to know, this would be the best place to get some expert and useful advice.I took a iphone 3GS few days back and though I wuld be able to unlock it myself, but now it came to my notice that all the hacks/tricks available to unlock iphone 3gs over internet, are only for phones manufactured before 35th week of 2011, but mine is of 47th week of 2011 and running Modem firmware=05.16.05, Version=5.1.It would be of great help, if some one can guide me how to get it unlocked, as i moved to a country where i dont have ATT and without unlocking my iphone, its useles :( (not sure but whatever i got to know over net is, that unlock/jailbreak for iphones manufactured after 35th week of 2011 is still under research)